Monday, June 27, 2011

Fathers Day Letter

Dear lider da obra dad!

Today is my official p-day! Between the mail system in Brazil and Mexico I
 think I might get those letters around Christmas time, perfect! It will be hot here and I will be anxious for that! The pizza party was great! They are actually kinda big on pizza here. There are about 10 magnets for pizza on our geladeira. Not gonna lie, now that I'm gone from the influence of Mr. Cheney those cookies were pretty amazing! But they were ridiculously expensive. That place was black hole
 for money, we were certainly not starving in the CTM.

That is exciting that Mike went in! I am so excited for him! Tell Alyssa that one of the best things he can receive in a letter the first week is a good long testimony with a list of favorite scriptures and love. I loved the MTC and I still loved and needed that. They are lucky to go to all those temples.

Sorry I missed you all when I called from the Sao Paulo Airport! But I tried to call at least. We really only had about 30 minutes so maybe it was better this way. I am so sorry I couldn't get a letter out to you for father’s day! One is on the way though. I didn't have a p-day where I could go to the correios for about 2 and a half weeks.  But I am very grateful for your influence in my life. I hope to be half of  you one day. Just wait for my letter.
 
So we are trying to hit the ground running here but it is very hard when no one will listen to us. I can feel the spirit every day, within me. But the people will just not listen to us. We have walked up and down our area visiting fake addresses that we received from the sisters that were in our area. We just got them Saturday because they just split the area for us. When we arrived our area book was empty. We are opening a new area. Any ideas? I'm guessing that this is just a trial of patience. I am grateful for these tests, they lift me higher, and I am being patient and happy. I don't know how, but I am smiling all day. Just wondering if you have any ideas or tips. Please tell the boys this and ask them if sometime they could send me a list of things they liked to do or things that helped.

Com amor,
Elder Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment