Querida Família!
Sounds like it is really burning up there. We had a nice day of heat and humidity yesterday, but it is back to rain and cold today! But I got a scarf from Brandon and Alyssa this week! Well Alyssa anyways...unless Brandon is learning how to knit, hehe. But that is crazy that it is getting so hot, and that I am in winter and you are in summer! All the Brazilians can´t believe how hot it is in AZ too. But what is weird...Rio Grande do Sul is one of the hottest places in Brazil! All the missionaries from all over Brazil in our mission say it is worse here, it is a (different kind of heat). You supposedly leave the shower sweating....yaaaa..
Mexico sounds pretty awesome! Especially that the dolphins are being so playful. I´ve never seen the dolphins throwing food around or anything like that, snap some pictures? Speaking of pictures...where are the pictures from Amanda´s baptism! How are Diego and Maria and fam doing? Pretty excited to hear that Bentz is serving in their hometown! Way cool! Testimony meeting sounds very animated there; did you really have someone waving their cane in the air?? Our testimony meetings are great; we always have a good number of people waiting on the stand and a lot of youth! There is a huge group of youth here. They are all really excited to share testimony...some stories, but testimonies too :).
I´m glad you enjoyed the baptismal picture! It was so awesome being there and helping with the baptism. You should be getting some more pictures next week...!
The talent show had a lot of non member youth and some non member parents to watch their youth sing in English, so it was a success! And this Sunday we gained 3 new investigators during church alone. Laís is one of those 3. She is a friend of one of the youth and we taught her in the capela this Sunday and she has a baptismal date :) The other 2 are really promising too!
Torrin is getting his call this week!! WOOO! Wow we are going to have a lot of missionaries out.
Mom my stomach is fine! I am a big boy and managing my diet :) I had a close call a few weeks ago but that is because I didn´t use our filtered water bottle at the house of a member and I am not accustomed to the water. But I was fine, didn´t get sick or anything.
Wow, cookies and coke at 11:30 at night in Mexico? You all are having too much fun without me. All the members want me to make American cookies for them hah. Your lips are swollen?? What? Haha perfect, huge lips and huge queen Latifa glasses. Ha! Joking!
Haha mom I am already struggling, majorly, to respond to all of the letters! But I appreciate the lookout :) But if you would like to do send an address, go ahead! I am making a collection. I already got an email from a friend of Chelsey Merrell. Ha. Oh and she is in Moscow right now teaching English?? What?
The shirt gun and mascots sound awesome! Send some pics when you get them.
We went to the Porto Alegre temple Friday! It was amazing! They are all so different but each is really something special and different. There is a different spirit there. I am sending plenty of pics for you all :)
General conference is coming up!!! WOOO! I am so excited! It really is Christmas for missionaries! You all better listen up, I will be quizzing you the following Monday...
So our (Mom) here, Irmã Teresa, has a nonmember husband that we are getting pretty close too...He likes us to call him dad. Ha! But we helped them do yard work Thursday and we are gaining a lot of confidence! We will be teaching him soon :) But Irmã Teresa always says that I need to be a fan of the Corinthians, a soccer team in Sao Paulo. One time I had to say that I love them to sit at her table haha. But her son lives there, São Paulo. It was going to be a surprise, but she spilled the beans! Her son is bringing with him a professional Corinthians jersey for me in October. WOO! But let’s see how transfers go next week...yikes. But she is always looking out for us and com certeza, feeding us.
Paulo, we can´t get find Paulo or family in house, even though we planned. Left a not over there so we will see how this goes.
Ronaldo & Isaías- They are getting ready for their baptism this Saturday at 4 in the afternoon! :) They have nothing that would prevent them from being baptized and they are ready.
Laís- Her mom is just really uneasy about the church right now, she is espirita. So she wants to be baptized the first week end of November. She is a friend of Lauren, a member in the ward.
Kevin- Kevin has 16 years and is on line dating a member in São Paulo. She said he had to go to church and he really likes it. He is a cool kid! We are meeting with him this week and see how it goes.
Maria and Vitor- they both know they need to read and pray but won´t. We are trying to accompany them as best we can but they are not progressing and we will leave them in the area book for the future.
Maria-Another Maria with a son, William that just gained 16 years and a daughter, Stephaney, with 10 years. They are new as of this week and we will check back with them. But they are really receptive and open. I really think they are going to give this a chance, to test God.
Vlademir- He was a street contact and his fiancée Karina is receiving the Jehovah’s Witnesses for visits...but she can decide for herself :) we cleared a few things up for her. She has a little girl, Náthalyi that is 4 or 5. They want to get married in our capela too so we are going to bring bispo over there to talk to them. Lucia who is a neighbor, I think, was there too; she is elderly and pretty stuck on her catholic traditions, not religion, traditions.
Things are going great! The work here is improving and I am hoping that I don´t get transferred next week!
Love you all and loving the work! Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts. Stay safe and have fun! :)
Elder Bradley J. Dawson
No comments:
Post a Comment