So my english is feeling way better today, sorry about last week, that was really frustrating! This past week was amazing! It was filled with great experiences. Elder De Oliveira and myself dominated every goal of the mission! woo!
So a little more about Pelotas? Pelotas is super humid, gets pretty hot, and likes to rain randomly, but that last part is generally fun! Pelotas is pretty flat mom, don´t worry! Ha, our area is very small too. But there is still plenty of work in our little area. Our area is more like a desert but still very green, hard to explain really, whereever there is water, something is growing. And pelotas is a big city, it has 400,000people or something like that, and it is interesting, but there are not a ton of gauchos like in Bagé. Ocassionaly you see someone dressed like a gaucho, but not everyone like in Bagé. I actually miss it too. The people here are much more active and are much more focused on progression in life, all in all a good thing. So Elder De Oliveira is from Sorocaba, São paulo like i said. He has 22 months on the mission and i have actually already worked with him once before on splits way back in Ipanema. His parents are both members too. And he has a girl waiting for him! But that last part is getting pretty complicated, ha. Elder and Sister Askonavieta have a assignment in Brasil so they are always traveling. I know that he is always going to Sao Paulo but I don´t know where else he is assigned.
Stake Conference was great! President and Sister Swenson came and spoke/ shared testimony for everyone. It was very special. President had all of us missionaries stand up and talk a little bit. I already am missing him and Sister Swenson and they go away in July. Lúcia, Danuza, Jennifer and Caua went with us to stake conference. The stake center is way nice...you have got to look it up, it is huge and beautiful. Look up the stake center for Pelotas Norte. I think that when the church grows even bigger here they will turn it into a temple. Still would have to remodel, but it will happen.
Yes! Danuza and Karina are still scheduled for baptism this friday! That will be way exciting and we will send some pics :)
Wow! Well this upcoming email i am expecting baby pics! Good luck with everything! I am remembering Nicole and the Baby in my prayers.
Wow, Ashley is playing alot! What was the theme of convention? Hey send a big hi for Doug Evans, that guy is the man. and how is prom going??? that is coming up way quick!
Valentines day?? that is weird! I think i will just celebrate the bday of arizona...have any pics from the grandkids vday party??
Brandon and Daniel that is crazy waiting an answer from everyone! One that will cahange your life too! Good luck with everything! Stay close to home :)
Kyle put his papers in?! That is awesome! I am anxiously waiting for the news! My official guess is europe....london? They deserve strong missionaries like Kyle over there. Kyle this will be the best thing you ever do and you will love every minute of it. While I could do nothing to look after my family while I was at home, although I like to think that i could, it is all in the Lord´s hands and we have His promise that they will be okay, He takes way better care of them than we ever could.
Sam has got to be loving a new comp and life! And he is training! How cool! Unfortunately that will probasby not happen with me for a while. There are a ton of old missionaries on our mission and still alot of missionaries with more time than me that still haven´t trained. But that is so cool.
Funny you should wish me happy bday mom, sister swenson gave me cookies and everyone sang happy bday to me and some others in a conference! Maybe some white shirts would be nice, these are getting distgusting because of sweat stains, but wait until next week, i am going to blast them with whitener. Or ties?? But polyester please, silk and rain don´t go together realy well. But i will think about the bday this week.
Bri! I have planned to write her back today! tell her hi and that i miss her. Oh and to show the letter crisis i am in, i finished writing a letter today that i started 3 pdays ago....Oh and mom, give amanda a hug for me, since i can´t.
Mom, another proceadure?! You just have to stay ahead of daniel and me huh? Well it is not a game and congrats, you won! kIDDING. I will be remembering you in my prayers mom, everything will be okay.
Hey Ashley, Daniel told me that some jerk wrote beautiful girl on your fbook and he isn´nt even member! Don´t go inviting whatever brasilian you see! I don´t even know that kid!
Your activity coming up sounds awesome Dad! Be sure to take pics! and good luck on the test!
Well I don´t have alot of time, but I love you all and am glad you are all doing well, truly have a blessed family.
Elder Bradley J. Dawosn
No comments:
Post a Comment