Saturday, August 11, 2012

Prep Day is now Saturday! Cool letter with pictures...



New Comps - Elders Tolentino and Dawson


Bradley's new office!


With the other office Elders - Fernandes & Kunzler
 Dearest Family,

Ha, I am glad to hear that you two have been guessing at this for some time. Apparently, President Castro has already known from his first days here, at least that is what he told me. I was feeling that it would happen too, but about one week before; I was in denial. I found out Sunday night and had to appear in the office Monday at noon. I went back to Tunel Verde, slept and packed, then went back the next morning., And now I am here! Tuesday was our transfers for everyone. So Elder Child´s went to a place called São Lourenço do Sul.  It is inbetween Porto Alegre and Pelotas, his new companion is Elder Weslen, a brasilian, which is weird because of his name. But he is going to do very well. 
 
To answer a few questions:

I live about 2 minutes from the office and our chapel. The address to the office is Avenida, Princesa Isabel, 342.  Look it up on google maps, it is way cool.  And the office is air conditioned!!  Haha, I feel like I am cheating or something.  I feel so weird!  But it is nice :)  Oh, and we live in 4, the secretaries live with us. Elder Fernandes and Elder Kunzler, it is very cool living in 4, I like it.

My ward is Porto Alegre 3rd ward. Our area gets the whole city center, which is crazy, but cool :)  It is very easy to talk to alot of people on the streets.
 
We will travel quite a bit to do training and other things, but no, missionaries can´t drive in Brasil. We will go with President or by bus.
 
I don´t know if I will leave the office as AP,but I could be here about 6 months.

My typical day??  haha, well I am figuring that out still.  But we get ready and everything normal and then we go to the office to study and plan things for the mission. We get money for lunch here and we have an investigator that sells Herbalife, that is like a health shake, so we go there to take that sometimes.  We have already decided that we will go their everyday that we get money for lunch or just don´t have lunch, but we have lunch everyday...don´t worry mom :)  Then we go to work in our area.  We still have a lot of time to work in our area.  But, Elder Tolentino told me that when we have conferences or things like that we will have to stay in a little more to get ready.

Elder Tolentino has been assistant for 3 months now.  I get to see Sister Castro every few days it looks like, and the kids sometimes. They might play soccer with us today :)  President Castro doesn´t speak a whole lot of English...But there is no communication problem, maybe I willl end up helping out with English translations.

Abby got her call?!?! Wow! I am so happy for her, this is going to be one of the greatest and most spectacular blessings in her and many others life´s!  California, just tell her to not make any visits to D-land or the beach, ha.  I am kidding, I know she willl be a great missionary.  There are so many things to say, so many ideas.  Well there is alot of everything, but I know that she will be very happy.  We have already marked some things to do today, but I will try and write her a letter. Tell her that I better get a letter before she leaves! que loucura :)

Dad is out of the house and working in his new office!  Wow, just Mom and Lucy now.  Good luck :)  Tell Mrs. Meyers hi for me, and Doug and Heather Evans, and the Kormans, of course.
 
Nicole´s little ones are getting so big! I can´t believe Miley is getting so big!

Good luck with everything Daniel and Brandon with Medical and Dental school!  I will be remembering you two in my prayers. And pregnant Liz with baby Teancum of course.

Tell Thiago that I am missing him!  I saw him working on transfer day, but I was passing by in a van.  Wow, you talked with Rafaela, Mom?  We talked to her about the church a little, but she didn´t want to participate at that time.  How cool that she is more interested now!  I will certainly see him here one day.

So I had time to say goodbye to about 2 people for 2 minutes Monday night in Tunel Verde.  I passed by Leonel and Francielly´s house. They were very shocked. Leonel actually started to cry quite a bit.  We have had a great relationship.  I am going to miss them a lot.  I am able to say that I love everyone I met in Tunel Verde.  At 10 o'clock that night I got a call from sister Francielly asking me to go over there and give a hug to Leonel because he was crying alot alot alot. But I was able to talk to him and tell him that I would be staying in Porto Alegre.  They came to pick us up the next day to give a ride to the office.  That was a special time. I know it was a sacrifice for them. They have asked me a milion times to go to their sealing in one year. I evade things like this, desire is not the problem, means and time is. But it would be very special to see this.

Oh, I love Elder Childs, he is one of my favorite missionaries and people. Tell his family that they have one of the best missionaries here. I love that guy.
I will be able to tell a little bit more of everything next week.

Oh and Dad, Happy Father´s day here in Brasil!!! :)

So you want to hear about Elder Tolentino??  Well for starters, he reminds me a lot of Daniel.  I feel like I am serving with my brother.  It is pretty funny actually.  We are always laughing.  But I will let him present himself...

" Hi Dawson's family. Here' s Elder Tolentino!! =D - I' m from the city of São Paulo, near downtown, from Mooca Ward! I have 1 year and 6 months on the mission, Elder Dawon is my 6th american... He' s a great missionary, we'll baptized a lot here! We are very excited to work together! It looks like We already knew each other from a long time. We always laugh, and work very hard at the same time! We'll be great friends!!
Congratulations for your son, I love him! He´s very smart and happy, a really example of obedience.
I' ll visit Elder Dawson after ther mission and show how to play soccer fo you all. =D
Love ya!! Amo vocês! 
Só Alegria = Just Happinnes. =D
Elder Rubens F. Tolentino                     "

He is really great!!
Love you all!
Elder Bradley Joseph Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment