Saturday, September 29, 2012

Bradley's 9-29-12 ltr -- Sounds Fun!


Dear Family and Friends,

I am glad you all were able to enjoy my drenched cab story. I will be the first to admit that it was pretty funny...and cold...and disgusting. And, happily, I was able to dry off running around getting everything ready.

You know when something big happens and you just can’t remember the other things? Well I am having one of those moments, so don’t expect to hear a lot :)

Oh, and I am remembering little Dawson and Liz in my prayers, I am anxiously waiting for the pics, name, and details! I am guessing he will be a chubby little guy though, but I don’t have a specific weight.

Oh and I am waiting to get some of the other gaucho things, a cuia(where you drink chimarrão) and a knife, with some other things. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money. I have spent a lot recently. But I will certainly get a few things.

I have gotten to see Thiago a few times this week! Love that guy, I am glad he is still doing well. I know he misses having elders, but hey, soon enough he will be one :)

Alright mom, you asked and I can’t ignore your question...it has been about 2 months since the last time I wrote in my journal. I know, I know, you can call me to repentance if you would like. I will get better. I really need to write down a lot of things that have happened, things that are good life lessons, advice from President Castro, and the bad moments, to learn of course. I will get better. When I need a new journal, I will let you know.

We will be able to see all of General conference, I am so excited!! This is like Christmas all over again :)

Porto Alegre is a little more up scale than Mazatlan was, but if you go to some areas, it could look a little like Mazatlan.

Good campout dad! Those days as a leader for the Deacons quorum were great! I hope they are all doing good, give Brother Leber a big hi for me.

I have not seen any Café Brique, dad, haha, but it could very well exist! Google street view is very cool. We look up a few complicated addresses on google street view to pass along contacts. Missionary work is evolving! Pretty soon every area will have an electronic area book...just wait.

We went to Rio Grande Thursday morning and had our awesome training during the evening. In the morning, when we left, we went to Butiá first to drop off some mattresses to some elders, after that detour we hit the road  going to Rio Grande. Wow, it was great to talk to President about so many things. He likes to share thoughts with us and to help us learn things about life. I will definitely remember the things that he shares with us. When we got there we gave our training about being a "missionary arrow!"(that won’t make a lot of sense in English). I really have to go but I will give you the really cut down version. The shaft and feathers of the arrows make up our techniques and the point of the arrow makes up the Spirit. Clearly that the Spirit should guide in every aspect but techniques are vital. But the Spirit will always enter into the person and give a testimony, an arrow without a point won’t do anything, just bruise. For that reason there is a chapter in Preach my gospel all about them. President talked about good questions...wow that blew my mind. I will have to show the notes another day. 

Today we had a giant job fair here in the church with a million people, we could not do any open proselyting, but we got to help a lot of people and give a good impression of the church.

I am sorry this is so short, but know that I love you all!

Elder Bradley J. Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment