Well something different and exciting about this week is transfers! This Tuesday we will have transfers and 13 new missionaries will arrive. So with all of this going on, things are pretty hectic around here. Today is P-day but we just had another meeting with President Castro to talk about transfers. In the end, everything is up to President, but we make suggestions and give information. It was very productive.
We have to prepare 2 trainings for Monday too. One for all of the new
missionaries, and the second for all of the newly called trainers. For
all of the new missionaries we will discuss a few things about the
mission, rules, working with the members, and many other things, and
then practice with them. Street contacts, lesson with a member to
receive a reference, marking a baptism, everything! After that we will
talk to the trainers. Elder Tolentino will talk to them about the
importance and then I will talk to them about the 12 week study program
for all of the trainers and trainees. Many missionaries don´t understand
it and we have to make sure that they actually follow it.
Oh and this will all be on Tuesday. After the trainings we will
have a small lunch and go to the bus station to see everyone off. That
part sounds simple, but it is the worst. We are sending missionaries to
all corners of the mission and there is a lot involved, but it will all
go well.
Homecoming sounds like it went great! Did it all run smoothly? I
remember that I had to leave the pep assembly to go to daniel and liz´s
wedding! That was a crazy day. I will admit to it now...I may have gone a
little over the speed limit to get there to film...But I got there! The
dance will be tonight right? Good luck! They are only good to take a
picture, talk with some friends and leave due to all of the filthiness.
It is not an environment with many morals if you know what I mean.
Daniel must be crazy busy now. I am praying for them during
these busy times. Oh, the life that awaits me...It has got to be great,
but I think I will just stay on the mission :) I am so excited to see
the pics of the little boy; And his name???
Dan and Nicole are in mutual??? They will be great! I am sure that
the young woman will love Miley, Anya, and Ethan. It will be hard, but
the Lord knows what He is doing.
It was awesome to see Thiago again, he went and did a visit
with us too, that was fun. Reminded me of the old days. Yeah, that
branch is very special.
It is good to hear that Evans is great. I love that guy. Tell him
thank you again, for everything. And that I will be sure to harass him
after the mission.
Oh and I have not gotten the package that you have sent. But I
am sure it will arrive this week. But I did get
one letter this week...well not even a letter, but a convitation.
Wow...I feel like the world´s biggest fool, ha. I could'nt believe it! I
wrote a big long letter answering all of these questions about the
mission, tips to learn the language, and other asked advice just to find
out that it was a trick! Abby always was a pretty good trickster. But
Parabéms! It looks like you will only serve a senior couple mission now,
Abby.
My area, dad, starting from the south, starts on the street José de
Alencar(beach until the soccer stadium), and then goes all the way up
the street João Pessoa until the center. We have the neighborhoods
Azenha, Menino Deus, Cidade Baixa, Centro, Praia de Belas, and some
others. It is actually a pretty big area. The other office elders work
in the ward next to ours.
These next few weeks we have to do several exchanges to help out
some missionaries that were recently called to leadership and special
trainings in every zone in the mission(9). We will have to plan these
special trainings, then Zone Counsel for the zone leaders, and then zone
conference. So we are discussing the topics now.
We have not been able to talk with Aurelho still. His schedule is pretty tight.
The churrasco was extraordinaria! The key to a churrascaria
is not serve a lot and don´t rush yourself! You have got to pace
yourself ;) But the rest of the day we stayed in recovering from all of
the churrasco. You could look up the churrascaria on google. It´s name
is Grelhatus.
Elder Tolentino and I are great. I love this guy. But the time is
passing very quickly. Probably he will only stay 6 more weeks with me.
Everyone here is saying hi :)
Thank you for the letters, support, and prayers. They help. I
am very grateful to have you all as my family. I have been exceedingly
blessed to be born into a family so strong in the gospel of Jesus
Christ, I know that we will were put together for a reason, and I am
grateful. I bear my testimony that Jesus is the Christ, the living Son
of our God. These appear to be small words, but they are all that we
need in these days to have happiness in this life and in the life to
come.
Elder Bradley Joseph Dawson
No comments:
Post a Comment