![]() |
| With Sister Joelma Silva |
![]() |
| On splits with Elder Amaral |
![]() |
| Recent converts at Stake Conference |
Dear family,
This week went by very fast!! We have a lot of things going on. Oh and the ward fast ended this last Friday and that went great! Lots of members are thinking more about the missionary work now. Today we even had an activity in the young men and young women where they got together, had a message, and then would go do street contacts with us, but it was put together last minute and it start raining pretty hard so we are going to have that activity this next week on the 8th.
The secretaries work in the second ward and we work in the
third ward, but we live in the same house. They are Elder Kunzler and Elder
Fernandes.
It looks like we will be going to Pelotas
this next week to do splits and train with the zone leaders in the Pelotas zone. But this
next Tuesday we will have zone council with all of the zone leaders and then we
have to prepare transfers that will occur on the eleventh. We are also
preparing for a visit from Elder Godoy from the first quorum of the 70 will
make to us. That same week we will have conference of Christmas in Porto Alegre and Pelotas...yeah
things are getting busy. We will then have to do a lot of extra things to
"close the year" in the system...wooo! These next few weeks are going
to be very busy!! And don’t worry mom, we get very well fed here, haha. We
get extra money sometimes and we always have lunch. If our appointment can’t
receive us that day, we just call another member that will give us lunch.
Today for example, we had lunch with the Manteigas family...today is preparation
day but they invited us to have lunch with them. Oh and don’t worry, I washed
the dishes ;).
Oh and just to let you know the day that I would come home
would be the 10th of April and if I stay another transfer it would be the 15th
of May. I will pray about it. But I was already thinking about college. I will
need to do some classes that summer. Will I be able to sign up for summer
classes at GCC in time if I stay until the 15th?? I will have to think and pray
about this. Thank you for the help and support.
I will continue to pray for the Al and Teresa family during
this time, I am glad that everything is going well.
Zander is such a funny little guy! These little ones sound
like they are so different! He will probably have a scar there on his head the
rest of his life, but it looked very little. It looked like he was crying but
was then smiling! Funny little guy.
Yeah it doesn’t really feel like Christmas here too, but I
am starting to get the Christmas spirit. Sister Castro decorated the mission
home a few days ago so that is helping. Oh, Elder Kunzler wanted pomade, Elder
Singelo already has his presents picked out, but Elder Fernandes is always
wanting my red pilot pen that dad sent me, but he wants black and blue. Sorry,
but as I have heard recently from Elder Aidukaites "the more love you give
the more love you have" :)
Today after lunch we went to the city center and I bought
granola with bananas to eat for breakfast this week.
Wow! Dad you served your mission 37-35 years ago!! Congrats!
That is weird to think about, ha. Do you remember the families and people that
you met on the mission? Do you enter into contact with any of them? You should
look on facebook, you would be surprised. All of the members here say that is
very easy nowadays with the internet.
Haha a smartphone will be a better planner than a paper one
i imagine, good idea dad.
So this week we will be running from one side to the other
with trainings and splits in Pelotas.
It is being a big difficulty to keep everything in order in our area, meet new
people to teach, and help direct the mission, but I know that the Lord won’t
give me something to do that is not possible. Please pray for our baptisms here
in the Porto Alegre
third ward.
I love you all!
Elder Bradley J. Dawson



No comments:
Post a Comment