Monday, February 11, 2013

2-4-13 ltr from Pelotas



Hello from Pelotas,

Elder Lindsey and I are great!! We are loving life and working hard! This last Saturday we had the baptism of Kauani (cow-an-i) and that was a very special experience. I actually met her about 6 months ago doing splits here in Pelotas after a zone conference. I thought that she was already a member! Kauani is 9 years old and her two older brothers and her older sisters are all members but her mom has not been letting her be baptized even though she has been wanting to for a good while. When we got to their home 6 months earlier, I told her mom, Rosi, that I thought she was already a member!! After talking to her for a few minutes she decided to let her daughter be baptized. Kauani´s brother Pablo baptized her. I am trying to send pictures but I don’t have the right cable to connect to the computer. But you should have seen the smile on Kauani´s face, she is always so happy and excited!

Oh, and to answer your question, Elder Lindsey and I only speak Portuguese together, always. Ha, some people thing it is funny actually. The other day we visited a blind lady and she thought I was Brazilian, it was pretty cool. There are good days and bad days.
The work here is going great, we are just trying to find a lot of new people to teach. That is our big goal. We are trying to work a lot with less actives to help them come back and to get to know their families. We will also be working a lot with these recent converts to get to know all of their families and all of their friends. We actually had to spend an afternoon knocking doors this past week, we met a few people, but it is always very unproductive compared to working with members to teach their family and friends. President Monson said that this is the right way to work.

So it sounds like mom and dad’s life is based around Ashley now! Haha.
Wow, so Adam is getting a lot of hands on experience. I will have to talk to him after the mission to see in what area I will enter. I was thinking neurosurgery, but lets be honest...I would not have any time to spend with my family and that is not something that I want.
Haha, Daniel and Ashley can continue to fight over who is the favorite child but everyone knows that it has always been Adam. After all he was always the righteous child.

That “come and see” program looks like it is doing very well!! We will have to implement that here.

Claudio and Caia are great!! They went to church this last week with Elder Askonavieta and his wife. That was really good! I am so excited. We will have a family night with them tonight and we will finish the plan of salvation that we started last time. After our family night we will get a bus to Porto Alegre because we have zone council meetings tomorrow, then we will stay until Wednesday afternoon because Elder Lindsey needs to renew his visa. I am hoping that I will be able to visit Luis, Kenia, and Cevanir while I am there!! I heard that their baptisms were great! Kenia was baptized on a Friday, saw Elder Bednar on Saturday and received the Holy Ghost on Sunday.

Well I am going to be short today. I am so sorry that I could not send pics....again! But I will try my hardest. My camera cord is in Porto Alegre but I will get it back tomorrow.
Mom, I know you must have been a little upset to see that I would stay another transfer, know that I love you. I am not being without feeling in doing this, but with a greater sacrifice there is a greater love. This applies to all of the family.

Love you all!
Elder Bradley Joseph Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment