So our schedule got switched around and we now have p-day on Mondays! So here I go with my second letter in a few days. Oh and I had to get a TDAP shot because although the outside world says they are good for 10 years, the MTC says they are good for 5. So I paid for that and am going to be sending you an order form to bill the insurance company.
Let's see, I last wrote you Saturday...So yesterday was amazing, I could not wait for sacrament meeting, it already feels like I have been here for an eternity and I just wanted to take the sacrament! I felt like I was missing something. It was so awesome, I love being able to act in Christ's name and take upon myself the responsibility and blessing of representing Him. But sacrament meeting is a little strange too...everyone is a little worried because everyone has to write a talk and they will call two random missionaries to speak that week! But after Sacrament meeting we had some study time and a temple walk. It was amazing! It was such a nice day, cool, the sun was out, you could feel the spirit, and the grounds were flooded with missionaries! Nothing better! I took some pictures, just don't be surprised if there are about 100 Polynesians in the back of every picture, they have a fascination with hopping it peoples pics...we have something in common, I jumped in a lot too haha. For dinner that night we had, no chicken cordon bleu, but ham with mashed potatoes and gravy, SO good! I guess they only do the famous chicken cordon bleu once a month. But after some more studying we had a fireside where Irmao Allen spoke, head of missionary something. He is also in charge of all of those funny LDS commercials you see. He showed us some for way back in the day and it's funny because at the end it just says "THE MORMONS" hah! But he gave a great talk on loving your companion and the 4 steps to doing something. 1: the honeymoon 2: the hostile 3: the grin and bear it and 4: the acceptance and re-adjustment. It is so true; I think just about every missionary went through this. But after that we had film night and we got to watch the Joseph Smith movie which is my favorite, No man, except Christ himself, has done as much for the Lord's gospel as him. I look at my challenge ahead, and this can apply to anyone, and think "This is the least I can do, Look at Brother Joseph". He was such an inspiring man, not once did he waver or take any credit for himself; he put God first in all things. I hope to be like him with my teaching, him and Christ.
So this morning we got to go to the temple! First of all- the Provo temple is gigantic, it is crazy how much bigger it is than the mesa temple. Anyways, the session was pretty much all missionaries and it was amazing, as always. You can feel the spirit so strong there, it truly is the house of the Lord, you can feel his presence there constantly, like he is sitting there with you, constantly pulling you into His embrace, I can't wait for next Monday when we get to go again. When we were leaving the temple it was raining pretty hard, we would have got drenched for sure, but elder Claudio, Lambrechsten, Perkes and I said a prayer asking that we would be safe running back, because we thought we had to run and didn't want to die running down the hill in the rain. As soon as we opened our eyes from the prayer, the rain had stopped; there was a light mist and nothing else. The Lord truly does answer our prayers, we just asked for safety, but He brought us complete protection. It's funny, we are completely surrounded by the spirit every day and we watch ourselves progress in the language miraculously, but it is something else to watch the Lord work a miracle right in front of you like that. After that we went to the copy room and got some things- irregular verb chart with all the different tenses, hymn book reference from English to Portuguese, and I got my schedule copied so I could send that home to you. I know you will love that, mom. I dare you to try and follow my schedule for one day!
So we have been exhausted and I have got a cold now. I think I have figured out why. When Joseph Smith came back from seeing the Lord and His Son, he fell on his bed and passed out, we read about this happening all the time to different prophets, look at Amon. The same thing happens to us, our enthusiasm keeps us going, but we are in constant connection with the Holy Ghost and our Father's spirit, this fatigues the body greatly. But we must have faith and go on. Mexico sounds super fun, Mom I know you told Brandon not to brag about it in his letter but let's be honest, that was never going to stop him, tell me all about it!
I am about to be kicked out so a quick story. The first night Elder Lamb and I were teaching this really rough guy about God's love and hope. Well he said "now I’m ballin and fallin!" Look that up in the book of Ebonics chapter 47. Elder Lamb then pulls out his bible and says, “What book was that again??" We all loved it.
I love you all, and I love the Lord. I know that Christ Atoned for all of our sins and that through him anything is possible. Remember that he felt all of our troubles, anxiety, stress and all, I love you all so much, don't worry I am safe.
Ciao
Elder Dawson
No comments:
Post a Comment