Hey there!
Wow, I don't know where to begin even. I have 30 minutes to talk about so much. Could you please send your emails through "dearjohn.com" while I am still in the MTC? That way I will be able to have them in front of me then start writing instead of reading and thinking then writing in 30 minutes.
I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well! Things are very exciting and busy here as well. I got to see Parker the other day actually, it's great seeing guys that I grew up with doing this too! We were lucky to have each other to look after. I thought you would like the schedule. It doesn’t sound like a lot...but it is. Haha, And I am still working on coming up with a name for my chair and desk.
Thank you so much for the fast and all of your prayers! I can feel them and they are such a big help. I had a fast too. It was for the well being of the people of Brazil- that their hearts may be softened and prepared, and for Elder -----, he has been having an extra hard time with the language and it is bringing his morale down. I decided that I have lived an exceptionally blessed life and others need the blessings more than I do, If you could, next time please include the people of Brazil in your fast...as for the visa, keep fasting and praying for that everyday :).
Mom that is the coolest calling ever!! You are helping in a marvelous work, we are the Lord's arm and mouth; He utilizes us as much as we let him. I am so excited that you get to be doing some missionary work too!! There is no greater thing.
Tell the kids (Miley, Alexander and Anya) to start saying "voce amo" I love you.
Wow!! That is crazy news about Bin Laden! And very awesome! I also heard about the crazy mile wide tornadoes in the south? Is that right? It's funny, we live in such a secure place that we forget about the outside world. And that is fine by me; I only need one thing to focus on right now.
Oh how fun the Father and Sons outing sounded!! The restoration of the priesthood has been a topic around here as well. That and Christ, with Easter and everything. And guess who came and talked to us Tuesday night?!?! Elder Dallin H. Oaks came and addressed us, him and his wife. It was so amazing. An actual apostle came to speak to us. That's how magnificent and wonderful this work is. He discussed many things, I wish I could just send you all of my notes and journal entries, I can't remember anything! He spoke on being an effective missionary and the MTC president spoke on repentance, both amazing talks.
As for needing anything, I am fine! I went and got some chips and salsa today to eat while I wrote, but if there is anything I could have, it would be a visa and caffeinated coca cola! This stuff just doesn't cut it, haha. Joking!..kinda.
So there is so much I could write about, but again I only have 30 minutes. So there is just one thing I would like to mention, this has been on my mind a lot lately. Divine Love: In John 3:16 we learn of the God's love for us and His Only Begotten. He knew of the Atonement and what His son must endure and suffer, but He loves us and the Son so much that He let it be. I have been focusing on being more charitable, which is having the pure love of Christ, sounds impossible, I know. But in John 17:21 and 22 we learn that we may become one in spirit and purpose with God our Father and Jesus Christ, our Brother. We must continually pray for the desire of this Love and pretend as if the Savior is walking into every room with us. It is important to note that the Atonement was a very personal thing between us and our Savior. He not only felt our sins, but every moment of anxiety, fear, and sorrow. By having unyielding love towards our brothers and sisters we may gain charity, I want to say so much more but I've got to answer a few questions in less than 2 minutes. So I know that God loves all of us and we can return to Him, through the Atonement of our Savior and Brother. I love this gospel.
So to answer a few Q's: My comp Elder Lambrechsten is from Riverside Utah, He is a great guy!
We have 9 elders in our district, no sisters. We are all visa waiters. 3 just got theirs though. Keep praying for that!
About to be kicked off, Love you bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment