Boa Tarde!!
Sorry it is so late!! I have been writing letters all day! I just hope they "stay up to par". Things are going great here! We got to go to the temple this morning and did a 6:50 session...early, but good! It has been raining all day here. Utah is bi-polar! It snowed last week...everywhere, it was gone by the end of the day; it was hot a few days ago (by hot I mean nice), and now it is raining all day! Make up your mind!
But things are great, really. I am learning so much and we have an appointment with our "investigator" Helena and her daughter Paloma tonight...in an hour actually. We are going to finish the first lesson and I have got the first vision down in Portuguese so this will be fun. You just can't let fear be a factor. Fear does not allow the spirit to teach through you. So, I know what I know, and that's all I need to know for now and the spirit will do the rest. If you could pray for Helena and Paloma that would be great, tonight we are asking her to pray about Joseph Smith, The Book of Mormon, and if the spirit directs, baptism too. I feel like we might have a date tonight.
As far as my visa goes...no news yet, keep up the prayers though! Try praying for Brazil and their consulate? Elder Bennett and Johnston will be leaving tomorrow morning with 3 elders from another district. The lord can do what he wants with his missionaries, if I need to be in a holding mission in St. George for 6 months, fine by me. I could fly to Sao Paulo though, after a week maybe. We will see.
I have gotten to see Parker a few times actually! We got a picture together in front of that giant map yesterday too. On his camera though, we will grab another. Everyone is doing fabulous! The language comes hard for some. Please pray for them to get past this trial! As for my Portuguese, Irmao Jones told me I was the best in the class yesterday! Jones got back from his mission in Joaa Passoa 7 months ago and before that he lived in Brazil for 3 years because his dad was a mission president there. I love that guy, Irma Halverson too. He is actually from Ahwatukee...or however you spell it. He is there right now. Please keep them in your prayers; they are great guys and the reason we learn Portuguese so fast (them and the Lord of course).
Elder Baldree is gone?? But I am glad that they are all doing well, they were great examples to me before I left. Make sure you get that to them please.
Amanda gave you a mother's day card?! Wow! She really is trying to take my place in the family huh!? Haha! That is awesome though. I know she will be reading this so here it is: Go for it Amanda! I dare you! But just remember, I still have that little eraser monkey and bad things will happen to him if things don't go my way... Just kidding! But I do still have it.
I am glad everyone likes their letters, I know I love mine! Sorry if there are a lot of misspellings in them...I don't know how to spell in English anymore, just Portuguese! Awesome! And I just want everyone to know this... Mom just wrote me and said that I am "the best letter writer!" Boom! And you can't go back out, so I will retire as champion! I am glad you liked my mother's day card Mom, meant every word. And I knew it was a birthday card! I just liked it so much....
Happy mother's day to all those females in the family! Sorry if I didn't put that in my letters!
Tell Uncle Ron “Hi” if he is still there! Ron, Pablo, Dad, and I will have to go scuba diving right when I get back! Tell Pablo that I am deeply sorry for him. This is the Lord's plan for him and anything is possible. He will be in my prayers continually.
Daniel told me about going to Disneyland, that is crazy! That is awesome though. D-land was my favorite. Everyone is way jealous of my Mickey Mouse apron too! They all want it soo bad. Tell Daniel to come to our garage and look for the magical boot; I think you know what I mean.
Parabéns Kyle!! Legal! (lay-gow, it means cool) It won't be too long before he is out here! Quit your crying Aunt Stacy ;)!
I'm glad she enjoyed the letter (Ashley). Tell her to be expecting about 5 more from some new missionary buddies of mine! I joke, I joke!....maybe.
I heard about Sam, that is awesome! I am jealous! I actually got a small note-letter thing from him in the mail the other day. Can you get me his address??
All the little things are going great! Laundry is a piece of cake...when all the machines are working. And we shined our shoes yesterday!
And Dad, my room was always clean!...before Ashley would come in and mess it up every morning! But we actually got "exalted" on our room last week! So no need to worry about me, all is well here. I dominate 4-square, just for the record. The Polies grip the ball, so do the Orientals, but I give it right back. I think I actually beat Daniel's record, but I didn't count. But the field just opened up so we have started playing sand V-ball!! I love it!
The language is going great and the church is still true :)
Thank you everyone for the letters! I love them! Oh and pictures! I love love love pictures!
I don't remember if I said this last week but: I know our Savior loves us. He didn't just experience our sins but sorrow, anxiety, and heartbreak too. I like to believe that he was able to feel our good experiences too, those of joy and conversion. My goal is to bring His Brothers and Sisters to the truth and limit His suffering. This is my work. He does not till the vineyard alone, not anymore. He has a divine love I wish to acquire.
Love you all,
Elder Dawson
No comments:
Post a Comment