Dear Family,
Wow! I don't know where to start. First off, the keyboard is a little weird so this will look a little weird and not make a lot of sense probably. To answer questions, yes, I am exhausted! We got in really early that morning we flew in and we didn't get to sleep. We had free time but I didn't want to sleep because so we would continue to have jet lag. The two districts that reported to Provo on April 20 combined into one. It is a total of 11 Elders and 3 Sister. I love having the Sisters in our district...they are frankly just more mature that the rest. Kind of funny news, I am the district leader. I thought this kind of weird because I am also training my new companion. Yes, I am new too. He was in my district in Provo too. I love the kid; he has got a sweet spirit.
So I don't know how to change paragraphs or anything, so i will just space it out. We got into Sao Paulo around 7:15 in the morning last week and just continued the whole day. There were missionaries coming in from all over the United States. Missionaries who were waiting for visas. There are about 150 missionaries here right now and it is about half Brazilian. (in a MTC able to handle 6500) I love talking to all the Brazilians and I am getting better! One of them asked if I was from Brazil the other day. It is awesome. And if I ever want to tease one of the other Elders I just say something pretty fast to a Brasileiro and they don't know what I am saying! So fun! Like I am writing Elder Dossena's girlfriend...pretty funny. The MTC here is awesome! I love it! It is a lot more relaxed, so I am glad I went to Provo first because I got the work down and now I get to apply that schedule here. But it is amazing!
So in Provo there is a myth that the food here in Brazil MTC is horrible. NOT SO! I love it! It is actual food, not cafeteria food. I crave rice and beans at meal time now, it is awesome. They have a few main dishes, a ton of fresh fruit and pretty much anything else you can think of. Today I had shishkabobs-pork chicken and beef- with fresh fruit salad, some random fruit, rice, and guarana (Brazilian soda) of course! Love it!
Sao Paulo is crazy. We are on the 6th floor, highest, and it is nuts. Huge building and little favelas as far as the eye can see in every direction. Oh and we went to the temple this morning, that was way cool. It looked beautiful! It is in the middle of this massive city jungle place and it is just awesome. Our Branch President works there too so we got to see him and his wife. On the way back we saw some big favela and a lot of jungle and a lot-a lot of city. It is about an hour drive.
So the Portuguese is coming along better but I don't have the time to study words and grammar like I want to. But that is because I am talking with a bunch of Brazilians who teach me new words and correct me! And they all want to learn English so it is a win-win situation. Especially at meal time, you pick some Brasileiros, sit down, and enjoy!
Sounds like everything is crazy there! Like always! I can't believe Ashley is finished with school tomorrow, weird. She will be graduating when I return! And your calling sounds awesome mom! You might have to come down and teach in Relief Society here! I could translate if you would like. Which reminds me, the one thing I miss about Provo is the devotionals. We watched a DVD here, still good, but not the same.
I am glad everyone enjoyed their phone calls last week! It was hard keeping everyone together in the airport and calling everyone, but it was fun and well worth it. That sounds like a good project for Ashley, we will all like that! I wish there was something that could be done for Tobias. Poor little guy, he will be missed. Can you send me a picture of him per chance? I have one with Lucy in the background but that is it.
Well I am about to go wander the city for p-day, you know, go to the post office, get some food, buy shampoo and some other things. All so awesome! Another thing I love, they have everything over here! Could you look something up called Mr. Cheney's Cookies? People get mail and stuff through that. I am sorry I don't have more time! There was a lot to read and little time to write!
Love you all, don't worry about me, and watch out for each other. I am being obedient; I just have to patient with the Lord's work and language now.
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment