Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 1, 2011

Dear Home,

I received a lot of emails from family but I really don’t have time to do anything with them unfortunately; that and they don’t have a printer here. But the mail from the US takes about a week from what I hear. I got a postcard from Disneyland!  Thanks Daniel and Liz!

It is really sad to hear about Toby.  I was praying for him and all of you that you would be comforted, including this morning too, wow. My district was pretty sad to hear that he was going too. But I am glad that he is no longer suffering.  Lucy will just get even more spoiled now. Just promise me that she won't get my room. Well I just better not come back with bones and paw prints on the walls and a 2x3 bed in the middle of the floor. I tried looking at a picture attachment that Daniel sent me and the computer here blocked it. Oh well. I will be able to see it in a few
weeks I guess.

I haven’t yet received any travel arrangements to Porto Allegre.  I have to go to the police headquarters to get my arrival cleared or something and that will take somewhere around 8 hours. Oh joy!   Well I will have lots of time to talk to people. I will be leaving in 2 or 3 weeks, but I am not sure yet. I am way excited!

I actually do go to do some street contacting! Part of the MTC experience here is street contacting and going to Sao Paulo downtown where there are about 2 million people walking around at any given time. Woo!  We will do that next week again I believe. They tell us a few days in advance when we will do it for sure. Last Friday we did go outside the MTC and place Livro de Mormons and contact people. Elder Sroka and I placed 5 Livro de Mormons and made a lot of contacts. It was way fun! I did a lot of talking and explaining but it was really good practice...and I have some good stories! I saw this group of homeless people down the street and I thought, "Why not!? They need the gospel too!" so I went over there and was miraculously able to understand them despite their dazed demeanor! They mainly just kept telling me that they couldn't eat a book and they needed food and wine. Haha! Well, I took that as a “Well you can feast on the words of Christ” opportunity and let's just say that they were too out of it to continue the conversation if it wasn't about wine. I did get to talk a lot with some other people out and about the city! One lady was very interested. And many people are so excited about the restored church of Christ!  Bus stops are the best place to talk to people! So nice! I would not worry about Mr. Cheney’s, I just signed up so I could get a free cookie. Honestly, just plain mail would be the best. Well I just saw that mom's email arrived, so I am going to check that out really quick. 

I know this church is true and that God loves us. God gives us trials to test us, help us grow stronger, help us become like him. But God will never abandon us, ever. How hard it must have been, sending all of his children to a foreign place where He knew they would suffer and feel so alone and scared. And then send His only begotten Son to suffer and bleed beyond our comprehension. I love Them for this; I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Bye! Oh and Sroka is Polish.

Bom Dia!
Elder Dawson



No comments:

Post a Comment