Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8, 2011

Well boa tarde!

Thank you for all the details, I thought I would have to pry them from you. I am glad everything went so well and mom is recovering. I was praying for mom a lot and I knew that the Lord would take care of her. That sounds like a killer diet plan though. Are there going to be any repercussions from the scars or anything else?  But it is good that Ashley will be home from school and will be able to take care of mom.

That HOBY experience sounds fun, sounds like Ashley had a great time too. I m glad it was a great experience. That will help her a lot with prom planning coming up. Ashley has EFY coming up soon right? 

I got the pizza party announcement. Thank you! I still have to schedule it when I go out in a minute though. You don’t have to do Mr. Cheney’s, I only sent that email because you got a free cookie if you did. I like snail mail, it is fun! And that way I get awesome pictures from Miley, Anya, and Zander!

Oh and I do not know my departure date yet, sorry! It should be in 2 weeks from yesterday though. We will see. 

So things are amazing here! Continually learning and having fun! We went to the temple this morning and it was way good! The Sao Paulo temple is my favorite I think, well it is hard between that and Mesa. They are just different. But I took some good pictures! Oh and we are not allowed to take our cameras out during p-day, they are too worried that we will be targeted and they don’t want us looking like a bunch of tourists. But I am on the top floor and will get some awesome pictures! The weather has been perfect, short sleeve white shirt and I’m good. Yesterday we were out during our gym time and Elder Sroka and I were working out when it started POURING! It was awesome! I felt like I was in a marine commercial or something, it felt so good. And something I learned from some Brazilians from Porto Alegre; it gets freezing, like -6 Celsius and then super hot in the summer! (Winter for you – weird). I have started sending home little candy wrappers with my letters, they are way good! I love the food here! There were no beans today on the rice and beans bar and I was actually really disappointed. I think I was supposed to be born Brazilian, except for the whole freckles, red hair, and I have to have sunscreen on to walk to the mailbox thing. Oh and Elder Lambrechsten, Claudio, and Perkes just got here from Provo. They were in our old district, so that is exciting!

Love you all and I am doing great.

Quick suggestion for everyone: Try reading Christ’s story from Gethsemane through the resurrection in each of the 4 gospels. First read day Gethsemane, then judging, then atonement, then resurrection, then Holland’s talk on the Atonement.  It is way fun and way good.

Love you all,
Elder Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment