Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011

Dear Family,

It is great receiving your emails each week! Even though it completely ruins my Portuguese for a few hours, ha, that is getting much better though.  We are actually at a different internet place right now otherwise I could upload some photos! But this one is not able to. Today we are going to the Gremio Stadium. I will be sure to take some pictures for you all and then you can compare the two stadiums I visited and decide for yourselves which is better :).

We are still teaching Vito and his daughter Vitoria, along with Mateus and his mom and sister. But we are hoping and praying that Mateus and Vito will achieve their baptismal date of the 30th of July! Oh and this is neat, usually when we visit a address that we received from a contact it doesn't work too well.  A lot of our contacts in the area book are ancient or the address just doesn't exist. But we showed up to a house and, suprise-suprise, they hadn't lived there for years. But we got to talking to the lady Margaret and her 11 year old son Pedro. They are way nice people, even though she doesn't not like Americans for many reasons...I heard about all of them I think. But she was very nice and we are going back to visit them this week!

I would like to include a picture of me cutting MY OWN HAIR this morning, but I can't, sorry. But it looks good, just trust me. Life has been great this week, with a lot of growing. Oh and my prayers have been answered! It has been sunny for the past 4 days! Woo! Maybe my red hair has a chance to last 2 years. It started going brown in the MTC, but we will let the pictures (future) do the talking.

Amanda´s baptism! I am so excited! I am going to carry some snacks with me and on the 16th at 2:30(my time) and I am going to have a little fiesta! I have been telling my companion all about it, he is really excited too! I´m sure that you will do great Mom. And I know what you are trying to pull..having me write your talk for you...typical. joking! Alright here is a baptismal talk from the back of flower shop in Brasil...... (I can’t divulge the rest of Bradley's letter until Amanda’s baptism on Saturday..Sorry :)
Mom, you can give her a hug for me too :)

That is awesome that Eric gave his talk already! And Bentz is coming up! I am excited to have brothers in the field with Elder Banburry and the others. We have a missionary ward, com certeza.

I love you all and am continually grateful for your examples in my life, I really have been blessed beyond measure.

Just showing you a little bit of what goes on here... we were walking back from the deepest corner of our area which just so happens to be a huge hill when we noticed two girls following us, about 19, they proceeded to follow us for about 20 minutes...I am not tempted, in the slightest, but how crazy is this! I think it is the nametag, and my companion, he is cool guy. and it turns out that he used to film and edit before his mission too! 

Loving life here and trusting in the Lord!

Love you all! Elder Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment