Dear Family!
I am having a great week, thanks! It has been pouring half the week and it has been really sunny the rest! Perfect. The English classes are going great, we have a load of youth show up and they are all really eager to learn. Bruno, who just turned 16 and is the man, is even going to start us off with a prayer in English this week! My companion and sister Vicente like to learn too and play around! It is a class for youth after all, but I tell you what, I told all the friends of members, meninas, that I will only translate Justin Bieber if they go to church. Let´s see how this goes.
The youth here are the best. We are making divisions with 3 youth in our ward and we are starting to teach 3 friends of one this week! The youth really do have the missionary spirit here and it is awesome to see them in action. Bruno even asked me if he could talk at our first baptism here.
Oh and thank William Joseph for me, I love listening to his music! My companion does too! Tell him I expect a little something-something for when his music takes off in Brasilo!
Dad and Mom aren't you all lucky, having Zander and Ellianna for the weekend! Sounds like they had a blast! Everyone loves seeing the pictures of my nieces and nephews. Especially Ellianna because she is so little in the pictures I have. Chubby cheeks on her huh?...Adam´s child all right, I kid!
You are quite the missionary mom, everyone thinks that you have to have a white shirt and tie to make a smooth contact with a person, but really the members are the best! We feed off them! We are going to be teaching Paulo and family, Maurisa, and another family this week, all references and friends of members. We are working on getting some missionary work established in our relief society too.
Could you also send me a memory card or two in the package you are mailing? I already went through a 4 gig. Oh and a USA soccer jersey! How awesome would that be! But don´t go crazy, they are pricey and I don't want you spending anything on it. Oh and something for my companion. Thanks!
Oh and to download my pictures off from my laptop... just plug in my hard drive, portable, drag them all over and wait. They aren´t locked or anything. Have Daniel help her after Thursday...he will be exhausted I´m sure.
So today we went fishing in Belem Novo with a member from Ponto Grosso! Their family is awesome. We didn't really catch anything, but it was fun! Good food and good friends. I am going to get some pictures up!
Mateus is out of town for 3 weeks, so it looks like he won´t be baptized for at least a month. His sister Bianca still wants to stay with her religion and is just investigating. But she is reading some of the Book of Mormon and quit smoking. Vitor won t answer his door, and won´t take this seriously. We haven´t been able to talk to him for about a week now, but we are going to continue trying. Perhaps this is just a seed planted.
We have a new ward mission leader who is great and is working hard and has great ideas. We are starting a monthly festa too and the whole neighborhood is invited.
I know this letter is very limited and pretty terrible, but I got to get some pictures up and going!
Love,
Elder Dawson
No comments:
Post a Comment