Dear Family,
Haha, I know right?! I have a package arriving any day and I am shipped to Uruguay practically! But I love it here! It is bem tranquilo. All of the people are way calm and accepting, maybe a little too calm sometimes. But a funny story from Porto Alegre. I batted palms at a house, we clap here and don´t knock doors, and this lady opened the door and just said (Eu não gosto de vocês!) and closed the door. Haha I am pretty sure you can tell what that means. And on the same street 10 minutes later I started talking to this man of 50 years outside his house, all he said was (I can teach you both about the bible). Elder Araúju...well he likes his knowledge. I successfully stopped a bible bash, had a conversation, taught something simple using the bible, and he said that he had to go real fast and left! It was pretty awesome.
A soccer jersey would be way awesome! But seriously, they are pricey, don´t go crazy!
Elder Júlio César says Hi to the fam too! Literally he said (hi). I very well could finish him off on the mission! I would like that, he is an awesome Elder and is very knowledgeable. And really funny! We get along really well. Honestly he reminds me of Bjorn Lundberg, it is scary sometimes...joking! And I still remember your promise Bjorn... But yeah, we live smack dab in the middle of Bagé. It was cool because the 20th of September had a giant parade in front of our apartment housing! And a lot a lot a lot of horses. I took some pictures and a video, but it is really pretty amazing and indescribable. It sounds like rain inside our house when they passed, because of all of the hoofs on the cobble stone street. The city is 200 years old and has some pretty cool old houses. The maçons founded the city so they have some monuments here. It doesn´t help because we already have a ton of missionaries that are crazy about the maçons. But it is neat to see. Our area lays to the south and west of the city. Just look up the ward, ala, Tiarujú on the church site. But we have the bairros: passo das pedras, Tiarujú, gaúcha, vila florest, lagoão da pedra, and everwhere near there! Our building right there by the hospital is the Stake Center. So we did not have to travel far and we don´t have to go too far for general conference. I am so excited! The ward is a ward with the numbers of a Branch. But they are all great and Vanderlei was there yesterday trying to tickle us and tease as always. The ward has a lot a lot of potential and is ready to grow. I felt the spirit a lot yesterday in their sacrament meeting. Oh and i gave a talk :)
On the street they have a ton of (Pancho) which is like that hot dog except better. But they also have a lot of pastries filled with meat and deliciousness. I love all of the food here. I now have a new favorite meat. Chicken heart. It is the best. Straight off the fire and spit is great. But i have only had this a few times including last week.
They have a wide variety of accents in Brasil, every state is way different! But here in Bagé it is the same, just more thick. Of the gaúcho accent. And yes I spoke a little English 2 or 3 times in Porto Alegre. But here I speak a little Spanish sometimes. Our house is nice, really it is an apartment, but I like it more than my last one.
Sounds like all of the nieces and nephews are great! Miley and Anya are even on my planner! Wow, not gonna lie, it was really hard to picture where Brandon and Alyssa are moving! But everyone is staying close!
-Are you going to Idaho?! That would be way cool. Are they still together?
Who is working at cafe rumba still? Chelsey Merrell is in Russia right now?
Haha well I am glad Brandon and Alyssa are keeping the blog updated although I know that no one reads it :)
So we are teaching a Dalzira. She is way old and actually in the hospital right now. We are continuing to visit her there but this has also opened her family up to us. They are all great and we are working and praying for her.
We have a lot of new investigators this week, a lot, but it is way harder to encounter them a second time. But please pray that we can encounter Miron, Bruna, Leitiçia, José, Fabiani, Kuchassi, Moíses.
I am loving the work and am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share this gift with the people here. I know that my Salvador Lives, He is the great Jehovah of the Old Testament and the Messiah of the New. He suffered for all of us, taking upon himself all of our sins and imperfections. I know that he delights more than anything watching His brothers and Sisters come to Him. This is the joy and glory He has. Our salvation and well being.
Much love from Bagé,
Elder Bradley J. Dawson
No comments:
Post a Comment