Monday, October 3, 2011

October 3, 2011


Querido Família,

Conference was great! We got to watch Saturday afternoon and the 2 sessions on Sunday. They were presented and translated live. I didn´t have a problem understanding anything! But I missed out on the Priesthood session, I hear that Elder Holland was awesome, as usual, and where are the new temples? And the Provo tabernacle? Where and what is that? How is the temple by our house going? Lots of progress? 10 minutes from the house...crazy!

Yes, I have gotten not only my package from the fam, but from Amanda and her Mom too! I opened the front of the box and candy literally spilled out. But thank you so much! I got them this week because one of the missionaries had to go to the office in Porto Alegre during the week. But needless to say, Elder Júlio and I are loving all the snacks :) Especially all of the starburst! The Brasilians Love it!! Ha. But they are perfect. And thanks for the duct tape Amanda and `Queen Mum`...even if it is PINK! Ha, kidding. It will be put to good use. We are going to use some of the candy for a family night tonight. Oh and the muddy buddies were a nice touch. Dad, I am actually out of black pens, I killed them all. But your blue pen arrived in time, mine is dying.

Elder Júlio says Hi only to Ashley in a joking manner...very funny. But he says hi. He is a funny guy. But speaking in church last Sunday was great. Had an outline, a citation, and a good talk! Portuguese was not a problem. And no, I am not teaching English here. Our area is so far away that it would be pretty silly, I thought about it though. Something you could send? Bah, I think I am good here. 

Mom it really doesn´t feel like the seasons are approaching because the weather is way different! But things are good this week. We are getting a lot of new investigators, it is just really difficult to find any of them at home.

Everything sounds awesome there. Ashley- The new admin are being ridiculous. You know that you are right and tell them that. You are doing a service for FREE. They need to understand that.

Yesterday at conference a lot of the members like to stay at the building in between and have lunch outside in the grass where they can drink chimarrão and talk. It was really great.

If you all could pray that we can find our investigators at home and fulfill promises that would be great! 

Tiago- Tiago is 22 years old and is awesome, the first thing he said to us was concerning his desire to be baptized in a church that baptizes by immersion...This speaks for itself. But we are teaching his mom Lucy too and things are going great. 

This past week was the birthday of Elder Júlio so I got us a pizza and it was great! He turned 22 and now has 3 and a half months left on the mission.

I love you all and am so grateful for your examples in my life.

Love,
Elder Bradley J. Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment