Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10, 2011

Oi Família!

My week is going great! Thanks! We found about 12 new investigators this week I think things are really starting to pick up :) We are getting more firm appointments too and that is helping. Chimarrão, mom? Yeah! I think you would like it too after that hibiscus thing you liked. The gauchos even drink this in the summer (it is a hot drink). They say that it refreshes them...I don´t understand it, but I like it! It is not coca cola or anything like that, it is actually bitter, but good. Sometimes they will put sugar in it to sweeten it or peels from fruit, but only the women do this.

Wow! New home for the Hunters and you all had to move furniture without me; we all know that I am the strongest male son...ha! But its okay, I was sweating just as much. It always gets way hot and wet before a storm and I was wishing I could swim. Does the Hunter´s new house have a pool? I want pictures! Oh and I have to say thank you to Nicole and Dan for sending that picture collage thing, I love it! The girls are getting sooo big. I don´t feel like I have been gone long, but they look 10 years older. Especially Bean.

Wow, getting cold already? The weather in AZ always gets bi-polar during this time. But how is Lucy doing? Still plump and loving life? Does she ever get sad without Tobius? That is good to hear about the athletic director coming to her senses. How is that new club? Ashley quitting acadeca may be sad, but you got to do what you got to do! And have fun! I always had fun, sometimes a little too much. But have fun IN the work that is key. But you have already got that.

Columbus Day?! Woo! Feliz Columbus Day everyone. Tomorrow is Dia Das Criancas for us. It is pretty much a second Christmas. Dad and Mom, did you two go sledding in Flagstaff? Was there even snow this time? Little America was the best vacation. And Outback is good too! It just isn´t Brasilian ;)

Wow it sounds like everyone is moving around! The house won´t even be the same when I get back. Mom you have freedom to do whatever you want with my room, I´m not using it for a good long time!

Yes, I will have to wait for the Liahonna to hear about the Priesthood session of conference. But I heard Elder Holland destroyed everyone...awesome. Wow! They are putting temples up in so many places! That is so awesome! Our stake has a temple trip coming up and everyone is way excited. I wonder what the France temple will look like. I know the Rome one is was cool.

I did not get the second package...but a flash drive is perfect! I was actually thinking about buying one today, but I will just wait. And as you will see, I found a computer that has an operating usb drive for my camera. I think I will try one of the pens here for a little, but in the future what you can do dad is just send the refillable ink of the zebra pen. I still have some of the empty ones. But they could break...

Haha, I was laughing pretty hard at the bird story mom! That is going in the Book of Mom.

Elder Júlio Cesar said that last night I was doing a contact with someone in Portuguese in my sleep.  I don´t remember my dreams now for some reason, but I would say that this is a pretty good indicator that the language is going well :)

This past Friday we were walking and it was hot hot hot and wet wet wet. But then a ton of wind started and a HUGE really black cloud appeared. Everyone was leaving the cloud and going home and we were the only ones in the street, it was pretty cool. You all can use this as a metaphor of your choosing.

-Tiago & Lucy- they are doing well! They couldn´t go to church yesterday but they are being very receptive and I´m sure we will see good things. Tiago is really, really busy. He works as a security guard at the prison in our other area and has a business with another guy installing and fixing air conditioners and he is building his own house right now!
-Dalzira- So the doctors were treating her for the wrong thing and she almost passed away...but she is doing way better now and she will leave the hospital soon.
-Tania, Jane, Rosy, Bruno, and Family- This was a reference from a member and they are really an awesome family! The youngest is 17 anos I think and they love us. They have a snack place in front of their house and tell us to stop by and get something anytime! But they will be great, Really I have only been there once because we did splits the other time.

Doing this work is the best thing in the world! We are helping so many people find the one and only Church of God. We talk to so many people of other faiths, good people, that enjoy the clear, bold Doctrine of Christ we offer. The Spirit testifies of this to them and can testify to all those that will open their hearts, even a small desire to know the truth will bring the Spirit.

I love you all,

Elder Bradley J. Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment