Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October 17, 2011


Hello Family...in Disneyland

I have one rule; you have to eat one of those frozen bananas while reading this.

So you 3 really are in Disneyland?? Wow! How is it? Spending lots of time in Cali Adventure or the original? Construction finished over there? I love Disneyland! Although I will not be the next Doug Evans. hff. I was actually telling Elder Julio about the boot I used this morning. If Ashley loves you, she will take one for the team and gain one of those boots if you know what I mean... I was thinking the Monorail could do the trick. So you 3 will be reading this email on dad’s phone in the middle of Dland. Way cool. Technology will be crazy when I get back.

Ward trunk or treat already? That is way weird because we are entering summer here in a little bit and it is starting to heat up. Oh and the time changed here. We are now 4 hours apart I believe. Adam will have to represent the family with some really spicy chili. You should pay Maria and Diego to make some for us!

Well dad, you know all the tricks in the book, so I’m sure you can help the missionaries there. We are doing a ward fast for one month where every day has a different person fasting for a missionary experience. Maybe that will help. 

Yes I can receive pictures on this email so go ahead! I can always load them to the flash drive... thank you for that!

Our apartment is on the 5th floor and you can see a lot of downtown from our kitchen. As to how we get around. We walk a lot. But it is all flat and we get a on a bus sometimes. 

Elder Julio is doing good! He received all the info saying when he will get home last week... so focus is becoming more challenging ;) but he is awesome, Love that guy. He does not get anything from family really, but I made him write his mom. And I don´t think we will be companions during Christmas... so I would wait on that.

Alexander is an escape artist! That is pretty funny, you should get one of those backpack leashes they have for toddlers. Cruel, but effective.

The party for Uncle Mike sounds awesome! Tell him Feliz anniversario para mim!

Nicole and Dan have a minivan??? hfff, typical Mormon family right there.

Dad has always been really educated on every subject and can teach on the spot. Unfortunately, I have to reteach some things in our ward some times... But it is good practice :)

So this past Tuesday President and Sister Swenson came to Bagé to do interviews! He says that I will be staying here in Bagé most likely. But a funny story! President Swenson likes to do the interviews in English; he is completely capable of doing it in Portuguese. But he would say something in English and I would respond in Portuguese, it is way easier. But he stopped and said, no- speak English please. Well I tried, but it just didn´t work! I stuttered and stuttered and mixed the languages terribly. A few times he just smiled and laughed! Haha it really was very comical. And I realized that I like Portuguese... a lot. Looking at English, writing right now, it doesn´t even make sense a lot of the time!

So we visited Dalzira Tuesday afternoon in the hospital and she was fine! She was even cracking jokes with us and saying that she was preparing to return home in the next days. But we became knowing Friday night that she passed away just hours after our visit from a cardiac arrest. It was really sad but I just became smiling sometimes because I know where she is and I know that she is without pain and so much more happy right now. But we are now teaching her granddaughter and family; Kachilsa and Bruno.

Tiago is doing great.

Micheli and Esnilda- These 2 were found through contacts in the street and have already received the lessons muitos anos atrás! The missionaries helped Esnilda, mom, to stop smoking. And Micheli recently separated from her husband and has a daughter. But she stopped smoking recently too. We have a baptismal date of November 5th for them.

We also cut some investigators this week... or in other words, we planted a seed for the future.

I love you all very much and I am working on getting some letters out today... please don´t kill me for taking so long! But by the time they get to the mission and then to Bagé....

I am so grateful to be a missionary and I know that I am doing the Lord´s work. I know that the Livro de Mórmon contains the fullness of the gospel, that by reading it will bring any man or woman closer to their Savior Jesus Cristo and gain a testemunho mais forte that God Loves them and has brought back his holy prophets to this day and time because He does not abandon His children to wander the trevas of the earth. 

Com Amor,

Elder Bradley J. Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment