Monday, April 16, 2012

Bradley's 4-16-12 Letter just arrived! It's ONE YEAR this Friday!!





Hi Fam!

Happy Birthday Mom and Adam! I am so sorry that i forgot to say that last week! I got home after we sent our emails and realized that it was this past week! Make sure to send a pic from the suns game!


So my new companion, the last pic, is Elder Bezerra! He is from Rio Grande do Norte, Natal. His accent is so funny too!! I love it. He is an amazing elder, we are great friends already. And we are having alot of success together. He has already made me kuzkuz several times. It is a tradicional dish on the north side of Brasil. It is flakes of corn in a special cooker and you can add whatever you want, it is good with some butter and sausage. kuzkuz is that yellow powder looking stuff in the pic.

I am also sending a picture with elder De Oliveira at the bus station before he went home. Sad day. Everyone i know on the mission is going home! oh well!

Thiago is doing well. Yesterday at church he was looking very sad, it was easy to tell that something wasn´t right. Later that night on splits with Fabio, we went to his house to talk. He is having some difficulties with his faith and testimony in some things. He is so worried and looking so hard that it was literally hurting him. I won´t go into the details, but the spirit told me to share some scriptures with him and give him a blessing. I am not exactly sure what that blessing was for him, but it was a powerful experience for me. The subject of which i was to speak entered into me, i knew what i should say. I know Thiago will be an incredible missionary and testimony one day because of this. If we suffer all these things with faith, patience, and persistence, it will serve for our wellbeing. We are excited and anxious to see if his baptism will be this friday at 6:30 or no. He and Estefani will be baptized at the same meeting. :) All of your prayers for him to receive an answer and stay strong with his faith will be greatly appreciated. Please remember him in every prayer.

Estefani is doing great! We are setting up a wedding for her parents Isabel(member) and Josemar too! That should be fun!

Yesterday we were at the choiir practice, our branch needs our voices...if they need me, they must be hurting :) but during the practice a young man of 16 years entered and sat down. I have never seen him before, but i half walked, half ran to the bench where he sat. His name is Josue, he was passing, heard the singing and the piano and fealt that he should enter. He was feeling the spirit very strongly. It was hitting me like a brick wall. He fealt it too, and commented on the peace, the undescribable feeling he was having. He just smiled with a loss of words. I taught him about the restoration while all of the choir and my companion were singing hyms to invite the spirit and eagerly watching. It was a moment very spiritual. Because of a family situation, we cannot visit him at home, he does not have a phone, and just promised that he would return for the baptism on friday. He accepted a Book of Mormon and promised to read and pray about it. I love my life as a representative of Jesus Christ. I am without a doubt that this is the church of Jesus Christ. That Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Christ the Savior. and that the Book of Mormon are the words of Christ.

We taught Lindomar this week too. It was raining like crazy with alot of wind and my umbrella was broken due to the wind, but we saw his door open and decided to return(we had already tried to visit earlier that day). He accepted us in, even though i was very wet. To be short due to time, he had a problem with idols, we were very honest to our purpose and showed some scriptures that would help. He told us that he had never had an experience like this talking about God and what he expects of us. He is eagerly going to read the book of mormon.

I love you all and am without a doubt that this is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, There is no way for someone to deny this when the Spirit testifies of this.

Love Elder Bradley J Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment