Monday, May 28, 2012

Yeah! Lots of pictures this week. Here is Bradley's 5-28-12 letter from Port Alegre.

Dear Family and Friends,    Happy Memorial Day!
Ana Paula Birthday Party

with Elder Ravanei and Singelo

Thiago, Iara Baptism with Family and Friends

Thiago and Iara's Baptism

Not sure who this is, but it looks like they just got a marriage license.



Well it is monday morning here, we just finished up with our english class and after we write our emails we will have lunch with our english students :)

This week FLEW by. We have been so involved in baptismal interviews, meetings, and everything else that I can´t even remember all of the things that happened this week to tell you. Lets just say that I am sick of the buses here. I prefer walking. We have gotten a bus to another area or center everyday, minus 1, this week. Wow. I don´t know how, but we are still taking care of our area too! amazing right?

Memorial day must be hot there! I have the picstures of last memorial day with me, where everyone is cleaning off the headstones and gathered together. Who all is at the cemetery today?

The weather is definetly getting better, but it still gets a little hot during the day. I have gotten to see a lot of Elder Bezerra. It is pretty cool, but I have not done splits yet. His new companion speaks a little portugues, and a new sister in our zone speaks very little too. So I am always getting phone calls to help out with some translations. Pretty funny actuallly! I randomly call them now to help them out, give a few hints, and answer any questions. I am so sad to say goodbye to President and Sister Swenson! They go on June 1st. But President Castro will be awesome. ELder Ravanei went to another elder in another area because his companion is having some hip problems.

Rogerio, Ana, Crislane, Roger, and Pablo are great! They are reading and praying and having a good experience so far. It just got a littlte scary the other day because a member said some things that scared him, So we had to straighten it out. It is good for members to talk to their friends, teach some principles, but like an Apostle said, Miracles happen when the members only share their testimony. Usually we prepare the member on what to say or share, but this was during sacrament mtg. But it is all good now. This week we will show the movie, Together Forever, for them, that should be cool. And Pablo, maybe roger, will go to mutual this week! The kuz kuz was good! you can put kuz kuz with anything! Milk, sardines, whatever you want! But generally it is sausage, eggs, butter, and the greens that you want like onion, tomato, etc...

You all talked to Elder Hunsaker?! That is awesome! I love that guy! Send him a big hug and tell him to get a girl already! What has it been? like 1 month?! Fubeca(slacker).

Girls?? Well I have not thought a lot about that to be sincere.  Mom, I will take into consideration all of your comments and opinions, but in the end, the decision is mine :)  I receive letters from people, the problem is that I don´t write back!  I would just like to publicly apologize to everyone for not writing back! It's terrible, I know, but I am busy beyond belief, which is a good thing :)

The other day while starting splits with some elders at a bus stop there was this young man with some cookies, He looked at me, and then offered me a cookie! I politely denied, not knowing who this kid was, and started to talk to him. His name is André Macali. He is 18 years old. And felt like he should talk to us! He has some friends that are members and they gave us his adress. The sisters couldn´t find his house, but his friends invited him to stake conference where he sat by our side and loved everything! It was all very special. The talk from President Mazzagardi was his favorite I think.

We got a new president of our stake here. His name is Rogerio Finholdt. We are friends from the Ipanema ward. I love that family. He is an awesome guy, but super busy, if you coul pray for him and hs family that would be greatly appreciated.

Well we are working like crazies here so don´t worry about us! I love you all!

Elder Dawson

The bday party pic is from Ana Paula.
Me, Elder Ravanei then Elder Singelo. the pic with 3 elders!
Not sure who the family is, but this is Elder Bezerra
Mother's Day Call distraction

Thiago and Mother's Day call


No comments:

Post a Comment