Monday, May 21, 2012

New Companion in Porto Alegre! Bradley's 5-21-12 ltr is here!


Hey there family!
How is everyone doing in that arizona sun, ha! It has been pretty nice here. It is cool at night, a little hot during the day, but it is definetly turning into winter.

So I know you are all excited to hear about the transfers... Elder Bezerra went to an area called Vila Nova and is training a new american missionary called Elder Willard. He is in my zone still! And the Disctrict leader so I get to accompany his work and district with the others. Cool huh :)

My new companion is Elder Singelo. My Brazilian companion streak is a record I think. He is from Rio de Janeiro but moved to Pernambuco 2 or 3 years ago. He is awesome. I love the guy. He is very obedient. He is an incredible teacher too. I am loving it! We are destroying here. He is a natural with all the parts of being a zone leader too. Our zone should fly this transfer.

And I have had another companion all this week too! Maybe you remember Oseias Ravanei, from our branch is helping the mission out and serving with us! He is Elder Ravanei. It is funny because it is like we are training as zone leaders. But a missionary in another area is having hip problems so he will go over there while the other elder is recooperating. It is good, because he knows a lot of people here!  But maybe they are a little too friendly sometimes, an old friend(girl) tried to kiss him the other day on the bus stop(to kiss on the cheek is normal to say hi or bye). We meet all of his old friends and acquantences. But it is weird staying in 3 missionaries. 

This week we started to teach Rogerio and Ana. Their kids are, Crislane, Roger, and Pablo. At least these are the ones that we know. They were intrigued by the plan of Salvation and loved it. and This past friday we taught them about the restoration. The spirit was so powerful and I know that they fealt it. Especially about the book of Mormon. Rogerio only arived for the Book of Mormon part of our message and loved ti. We passed by to give them another Book of Mormon(big family). and they were reading and praying! Rogerio went to church this sunday too, everyone else was working. And to help everything out we are going to make kuzkuz tonight. I learned with Elder Bezerra and we got a kuzkuz pan from a sister here. They are a family very special.

Thiago is talking to you  all huh? that is cool! he is a great guy.

Congrats Ashley! That is awesome! The unsung hero! I am sure you deserved it. How was the banquet? What was your present for Mr. Evans? Did you tell him that I said I love him?!
The trek is amazing ashley, you are going to love it! Live up your senior year!

Well Elder Ravanei is being transferred and taking up our p-day to do it haha, so Tchau!

Elder Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment