Monday, June 11, 2012

Veronika's Baptism! Bradley's 6-11-12 letter

Veronika's Baptism by Oseias
Elders Dawson and Singelo
Dear Family and friends,

This week was fantastic! We had the amazing baptism of Veronika! We had been helping her to overcome her fear for some time, scripture study with a notepad for thoughts and ideas, prayers, and a solid support from everyone. But it only happened because of many fasts, prayers, and a blessing of the Lord. It was a very special baptismal meeting. Everyone was very touched and crying. Veronika was already considered a member by everyone for a long time. And she was able to attend the temple dedication of Manaus, which was amazing. We showed up at the chapel friday morning to set up the plastic pool and fill it up with the freezing cold water. We use this big camping stove to heat up some water usually, but when we got there, someone had taken it home! So the Branch president had to buy another one. Buckets full of hot water helped a little...but it was freezing outside with a lot of wind so I think we just broke the ice on top :)  From the way Veronika shivered, I would say it was pretty cold.  Just waiting for a chapel now! but to do that we need to turn into a ward! So close!

Thursday night Elder Bezerra did splits with me here in Túnel Verde to do Veronika´s baptismal interview, it was great! We did it at Brother Adão´s house.  It was also a family night for his granddaughter´s birthday! Happy Bday Casey! She turned 11. She is the funny little girl that always likes to harass me, ha. They have some family that live in Tuscon too! I said that I would make some churrasco with them after the mission. They took a picture of me washing the dishes one day and said that they are going to send it to mom because she raised me well, ha. They asked if I had to do this growing up, Thanks for always making me wash the dishes mom and dad, ha I never thought I would say that!

Elder Ravanei, Oseias boyfriend of Veronika helping out as a short term missionary, was able to baptize Veronika. Him and Elder Bordolli came over from another area here in Porto Alegre and stayed the night at our house. It was a night full of laughter. We were getting ready to sleep, our blankets divided among 4 missionaries, when they are meant for two, when i got a phone call from the branch president who was showing up at our house, this was 22:20 oclock. They showed up with a sleeping bag, a camping mattress (we were missing one for everyone to sleep on a mattress), and 5 or 6 blankets. They saved our lives! If it wasn´t for those extra blankets, we would have froze. It got well below freezing. It is different here because it is very humid. So it is a cold that gets you no matter how much clothes you put on. But I like it! It is neat. And then when we left early the next day to clean up the pool and everything all of the Brasilians were fascinated by all of the frost! haha, it was pretty funny. I have never seen someone so excited to see grass on the side of the road a little white. I don´t know who was having a better time, me seeing them go crazy and taking pictures of a little bit of frosty grass, or them seeing natural ice for the first time in their lives!

Hey mom, i got your message too! From Thiago and Ana Paula. Love you too! What the internet doesn´t do in these days!

This week has been hard to meet with Rogerio, Ana, Crislane, Douglas, And Pablo. But we have passed by to see how the reading is going. Ana has been reading the Book of Mormon in her tough times, when she gets frustrated, and she has been having some really cool experiences! We are excited to see what happens when she reads the Book Of Mormon with a clear head, we made a goal with her to do just that. While Douglas and Crislane are still excited  about an eternal family! 

Well I am all good here in Rio Grande do Sul :) I love the Book of Mormon, I know that it is true and it really does have the power to change someones heart. I know that Jesus Christ lives, He is the head of this church and Thomas S Monson is a prophet of God. I challenge all who have not done so, to read the Book of Mormon and ask God if it is really true, I promise you that God will give you an answer that you can not ignore.

Com Amor,
Elder Bradley J Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment