| Elders Singelo & Dawson with Diovane & Gustavo |
| The Branch President's boys with Gustavo & Diovane |
Oi meus queridos,
Wow, last weeks letter was that good? To be honest, I only remember that I told about Veronika´s baptism. Huh! So transfers are going to be this next week, the 25th. I could stay or go, Elder Singelo and I seem to be doing pretty well so probably one of us will go, and I have more time in this area... But, it is up to the Lord! We are really trying to help out some of the Elder´s in our zone that are having some difficulties. We are praying a lot to help them and doing some other strategical things to help, but we can only do so much. At one point or another they have to make the change, but like Joseph Smith counseled, we need to always be ready with our arms outstretched, our love and patience is what will help them...and in my opinion some good hard work, rain or sun!
Well President Swenson goes home the first of July, the other president gets here and the second he touches down in Porto Alegre, he is the new president with the authority and inspiration for the missionary work here. Because of this, President Swenson goes home the same day, just a few hours later.
So this week was awesome! We had our last conference with President Swenson, so that was pretty sad, but it will be a good experience having two mission presidents. Like Elder Godoy, from the Seventy said, we are called to our mission president, not to the area. That is pretty crazy to think about! President and Sister Swenson will be greatly missed!
Today we had our english class and then went to have lunch with Aunt Ilda (as she is called), then we went to play soccer with Elder Simão and Elder Childs. And now I am here!
So Rogerio and family are good. Ana is reading the Book of Mormon every day and Douglas w/ Crislane are reading together too. So that is pretty exciting! But we are still trying to help them to have some progress.
And then we have Gustavo and Diovane(Geovani). They are awesome! These two already know everything! This is the blessing of a strong and firm family in the Gospel, they are preparing the rest of their family! Gustavo´s mom even bought him a suit already, ha. He lives in the center and is a little more well off. They are the cousins of Bruno, who was baptized just a few weeks ago. I sent a photo of all of the branch president´s sons with their cousins and then with us and Gustavo and Diovane.
My pants are fine! A sister here already fixed up two of them and I wash them so don´t worry mom :)
With the cold comes the rain for us here in Porto ALegre, so that should get interesting. It hasn´t rained a lot recently, but the rain is coming...just wait. If this winter is anything like the last one, it will be days of rain and freezing! This should be interesting here in our area, as it is a colder part of Porto Alegre, being so close to the river and so down low.
I would like to wish all the brothers good luck on all of the big events coming up this week! That is way exciting! Especially with this mcat stuff....phew! Daniel will do awesome.
So happy father´s day there at home! You can´t blame me for forgetting because all of the holidays are different here! An example, the 12th of June that just passed is valentines day here. But it sounds like it was a blast and everyone ate very well! Honey ham has got to be delicious.
Recently one of our investigators has shown us a shortcut to arrive at another part of area way faster...through forest/swamp...so that is pretty awesome! We are going to try fishing there one prep day.
That sounds like an awesome experience that you had there with Bob, Dad. Have the elders already marked his baptism? It sounds like the missionary work there is going great!
Recently all of the meetings have calmed down and I am having more time for my personal study. And I am LOVING it! I am currently reading in Helamã...or Helaman. Wow, I can´t even tell you how much I love the Book of Mormon. It has an answer for everything...literally everything! I wish I could have a whole day of scripture study once a week. I am so grateful that I can show this to everyone! Does our family have a goal to give out a Book of Mormon or something? And I don´t count...I do that daily!
Well I don´t have a lot more to say...sorry! I am blank this week.
I love you all and I am so gratefull for this time I have to serve a mission. It is the greatest blessing in my life and the most important two years. There has got to be a way to continue with this Spirit after the mission.
Love,
Elder Bradley J Dawson
No comments:
Post a Comment