Monday, July 2, 2012

Yeah! Pictures!! Bradley's July 1st Letter

Bradley with Elder Videira before going home

Dinner Appointment

Pink Racer - How's this go with red hair?

Peace Bug

"I'm shippin' this to Glendale!"
Mom is on crutches?! sorry...


Hi family!

Wow, that is weird. But accidents happen. I am trying to imagine mom on ambien with crutches, and the stairs. Look out! Lock the door maybe.

So I am doing great! We are finding several new people to teach and I am feeling very good about it. This will most likely be my last transfer in this area so I am working extra hard. I will fill you in on some of them here in a little.
 
Well President and Sister Castro got here Saturday and President and Sister Swenson went home the same day...crazy! I have not personally talked to him yet, but I hear he is on fire. This should be great.  I will get to know him and have an interview with him tomorrow.  We have a zone council tomorrow with all of the zone leaders in the mission in the morning and the next day we will have a giant conference with all of the missionaries in the upper half of the mission. Then we will have ANOTHER meeting and interviews for my zone on Thursday....meetings meetings meetings, they never stop ha.  But I am very excited to have another president and work side by side with him.  It is a great opportunidade for many missionaries to restart their missions...for those who have wasted some time.  So this next week I will be sure to fill you in on President and Sister Castro and their family.  What I can tell you now: He is from the Rio Grande do Sul and She is from Uruguai.  They are from Paraná, another state that is pretty close to hear.  I am so excited!!  They have three kids too.
 
Give Kyle a big hug for me, he is going to LOVE the mission.  If he would like, I will switch with him.  I could restart right now and he could start with my time.  And the MTC is amazing, Just tell him to love his companion.
 
Well recently a few missionaries from my group were called to train...I am not going to complain, I love being able to help a zone out, but I want a son on the mission!  All I have ever wanted to do is train...lets see what happens, ha.  Elder Singelo has been playing around, saying that President Castro is going to leave me as a zone leader the rest of my mission because he doesn´t know how much time I have already been one.  But where I am called to serve...vamos la!
 
Send a big hug to Papa and Gma!  That is awesome that they are together so many years.  The family really is under attack today.  The saddest things I have seen on my mission have been families destroyed.  Destroyed by the things of this world.  It makes me so sad to see them in such circumstances.  Everyday we are surely getting closer to the second coming of the Savior.  The Lord has said that our number will be much smaller than that of the great and abominable church, but it is so sad.  These really are the days for the perfecting of the saints.  I know that I am praying for my future family already.
 
Maybe it is winter here, but recently it has been pretty warm. Oh well, they said that this winter won´t be too cold.  I´ll let you know how that goes.

So no one could go to church yesterday with us...ugh.  We had so many people set up to go, more than 10 said that they would be there for sure, and not one went!  Oh, sad day.  We leave early, we pass by their houses, we call, we pass by again before sacrament meeting, but, they have their free agency.  We can only invite and follow up.
 
Rogerio and Ana, to our grief, are not that interested any more.  But Douglas and Crislane are still all for it.  We have a family night marked with them for tomorrow and we will watch "together forever," which talks about our families.  Crislane is reading everyday and praying as well. woo!
 
Leonell and Francielly- Francielly is a member less active from several years ago.  We were writing our emails last week and they started to talk to me...Blame the bad email on them mom!...they were saying how they always defend the mormons when people say things and they have alot of respect for us. So when we visited them this week they had many very good, and some very deep, questions that we were able to answer.  They were amazed at the clarity of the restored gospel.  And VERy interested in the Book of Mormon.  This week we were walking and we got a message from them saying, "Hey where can we get a Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price?"  These two are very special people.  We are going to do a family night with them and Renan and Deise ( a couple that was recently sealed) they were even asking about getting sealed in the temple.  The Gospel just makes too much sense to not be true.  But everyone needs a testimony first.
 
Franciele- We encountered her knocking doors (clapping our hands in front of the home here). She is a seventh day adventist...with some doubts about the doctrine.  We were able to help her understand how the law of moses was fulfilled (we don´t use sacrifices any more), how the apostles partook of the sacrament on Sunday, and how this is what the Lord has revealed for the Profet Joseph Smith.  She loves to read and is very curious about the Book of Mormon.

So lets see what happens with all of these people!
 
You said that every one in cafe rumba read my letter?!  Who all is there still?  I haven´t really written anyone recently, but today I am going to write.  Would you like to vote on who I should write??  Anyone??
 
(Pictures) That is Elder Videira, before he went home this last week. And the pink bug races! It is Paulo José´s, Iara´s son. It is pretty awesome.
 
We are all good of health here!  And happy!  Loving every moment of the mission.

I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ.  That we have the organization perfect.  Anyone can read the bible and see that.  There are a million ways to prove to someone that this is the true church, but the conversion... that is what matters. 
 
I love you all!
Elder Bradley J. Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment