Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bradley's 9-8-12 ltr...pictures won't upload, will try again tomorrow.

Querida Família,

Thank you for sending some pics! Those were very cool. Ethan looks like a very funny little boy.
So this week should have been fairly normal, but it didn´t end up that way, I will explain more later, ha.
Wow, I am glad Ashley is doing a lot better, that must have been very scary.  Just the fact that one can´t breath leads to chaos.  Is she being all loopy on all of these drugs??  Ha, that would be funny.  You went to Arrowhead Hospital?

So on Monday we had our big meeting with President where we had to help him organize some last minute transfers and talk about some other subjects, that took up a good few hours.  We also had to finish preparing our training for Zone counsel.  On Tuesday we had our Zone Counsel with all of the Zone Leaders, Ourselves and President Castro.  From 8 am to midday.  It was very good.  We were able to show a new program of the mission with some new goals and plans for all of the zone leaders to take back to their zone.  It was a very productive meeting.  We gave a training too.  I won´t go into details about what we trained, unless you would like to know.  Then we got to work a little in our area :)  The next day we went to see the zone meeting of the zone Partenon (after every zone counsel the ZL's will give a training for their zone)  And then we got to work a little bit more in our area.  On Wednesday we went to another zone´s training to see how it was and see how the ZL's are.  It was very good, at the end we did splits with Elder Silva and Elder Spinder, the zone leaders from POA SUL.  I stayed here in our area with Elder Spinder.  We were in the MTC together, so it was pretty fun to talk a little bit about the mtc and our group....Elder Tolentino sends a "hi" back....While on splits we met a man named Aurelho.  I actually street contacted him 2 weeks ago, but our schedule matched up this time!  Wow, he is very intelligent and....legally married!!!  WOOO  You don´t have any idea how awful to have one in a million couples that actually get married.  Aurelho and Barbara were married in February.  He works in communication and at a gym.  Barbara works for a paper called "zero hora" That is across the street from their house.  We only taught Aurelho because Barbara was getting home from work still.  But he had so many good questions and it looks like he understood everything!  I am very excited and I already know the perfect member to help with them.  We taught about the restoration :)
The next day I got to talk to Elder Spinder about his zone and some related things and we got a bus to undo exchanges.  We went way far to Belem Novo, where the zone leaders are now.  And yesterday all of the buses were free due to Brasil´s independance day.  Wooo!  But all of the buses were super crowded too.  When we visit, we will have to get a bus, I am just telling you to prepare yourself emotionally right now...But while we were doing this we got a phone call from president...we were being called to be companions to an elder that was having some problems until he would fly home on monday or tuesday.  It happens that many Bishops and stake Presidents send young men on the mission to "fix them", which was the case of this young man.  If you all could just pray for President Castro, that would help a lot. He has a lot on his plate.  He is succeeding, but there is a lot there.
We had our English class here last night, that was nice, because of the holiday there were only two students, and the church had a huge dance here last night so when we were leaving it got pretty weird. There were people that we know from other areas at the dance that wanted to talk, but we can´t stay in the dance!  So we got out of there pretty fast.
And here I am!  There are some men from the church that are spraying our house down with termite killer so we are at the office writing letters now!  Today we will have some time to write letters and....drum roll please....we are going to a churrascaria!!!  Way good.  We get money for lunch sometimes and we are eating that Herbalife shake with our investigator that is way cheap so we saved up and we are going to spoil ourselves now.  The name of the Churrascaria is Grelhatus.  Look it up!  Last week we visited the Gasometro, you should look that up too, way cool.  We walked around in the center a little too.  I will send photos later.  Oh and one of my favortie things are the churros "shoe-hoos!" filled with chocolate or this caramel stuff.  Delicious.
We are on the 3rd story of our apartment dad, there is a Lanhouse "internet place" below our building and a hair cutting place.

I have not received the package yet.  But I´m waiting!
It is good to receive notices of Parker, Torrin, and Kurt!  How are the other Elders serving from our ward?  That is cool that Parker´s mission has some of Africa in it!
Well I am officially exhausted!  But so very happy.  I am learning many things about the gospel, and leadership, this is being an amazing experience.  Without a doubt, this is the church of the Lord.  Faith in Jesus Christ, many have.  I admire many of them, but we have His church.  Those with the real faith in Christ will accept our message.
I love you all, thanks for the updates!
Elder Bradley J. Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment