Saturday, September 1, 2012

Conference in Pelotas, trip to Bage. 9-1-12 ltr

Bage Countryside

Bradley & Daniel

Bradley w/ Daniel, Marcos, & Johnny

w/ Elder Kunzler at the office

Brazilian Pizza w/ BBQ & Tabasco Sauce

Dearest Family and Friends,

So this was a very very exhausting week, but satisfying :) I got back to our apartment at 11:15 last night from our trip and exchanges in all parts of the mission.

I am glad you all liked the videos! Nicole, sorry! I meant to call you old!! Not fat! I love you sis :) I am mixing up all of my English words.
Happy B-day Liz and Dan!!!  That is way exciting!!  You two are both exceptional people and I am so very happy to have you two in my family. :)
So to start out on the week, Monday and Tuesday we stayed most of the day in the office preparing some trainings and conferences, as well as some graphs and presentations for the other missionaries, we are doing everything possible to help the other missionaries understand the progress of the mission.  Recently everyone has dropped into a comfort zone.  But Wednesday morning, Elder Tolentino got on a 4-5 hour bus for Rio Grande at 6:00 am and i got a 5-6 hour bus for Bagé at 6:45 am.  Traveling alone was different, but alright.  Just kept my nose in the Liahona and scriptures.  I got to Bagé at almost midday and what was the first thing I did???  I had Pancho!  That special hot dog from Uruguay that they only have in Bagé.  I stayed in splits with Elder Miller, one of the zone leaders in Bagé, to see their work and help out a little.  Oh and that picture of the country is our bus getting close to Bagé.  During the road trips I get amazed at all of the landscape and just go crazy thinking about the creation and how everything was done.  It is so perfect that there is no other explanation.  Two beams of light hit each other?  We came from monkeys?  Many of the most notable scientists have admitted the presence of God, because there is no other way.  Anyway, I am in love with the countryside here, it is truly a very beautiful place.  During the exchange we were able to talk a lot about the zone.  What is good and what can improve.  We had various things ready to share with them and study about our stewardship.  It was good!
The next morning, Thursday, we got a bus for Pelotas, when we arrived we went to the chapel and got everything ready for the training.  We ate lunch close to there and then at 2:30 we started our leadership training for all of the district leaders, zone leaders, and trainers, and a lot of their companions.  It went off very well and we were able to "wake up" a lot of missionaries :)  After the training I went with the zone leaders of North Pelotas to go on splits.  When we were getting to their house I saw Daniel on the curb, that was cool.  He had recently had a neat experience with work and was crying.  He said they were tears of joy.  I got to go on splits with Elder F. Lima and Elder Lindsey during this time, it was great.  Doing the same good study and making a lot of plans and goals to help out their zone.
 
I got to visit Daniel, his family and see another family very special while I was there.  We actually ate lunch in Nair´s house, a really nice Sister that liked me a lot ;)  I was able to get us lunch!
At 7:00 pm President Castro picked me up and we all (Pres, E. Tolentino, and I) went back to Porto Alegre in his car.  That was a good trip.  It was nice to be able to have so much time with him to pick his brain.  Without a doubt, he is a man very inspired and is receiving a lot of revelation for our mission and our missionaries.  And teaching us a lot about everything!  Oh and we all ate a sweet from Pelotas (Pelotas is famous for their sweets) Delicious!!
And today we are having p-day!! :)  We are actually going to cut p-day a little short to work some more, we have lost a lot of time with our investigators this week, so we will try to put in a few more hours of work.
I put in a picture of Elder Kunzler and me here at the office just a few minutes ago.  My comp went to cut hair with E. Fernandes.  I jumped on E. Kunzler's back and everything fell out of my shirt pocket!  So that is what you are seeing on the ground.
Well I love you all!  Thank you for all of your prayers.  I am happy and well :)
Love Elder Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment