Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Visit to Tunel Verde...Bradley's 11-10-12 ltr


Churrasco in Tunel Verde with Leonel Family & Missionaries

 
Dearest family and friends,

It is getting cooler in good ól Az and hotter here in Porto Alegre.  To give you an idea, Elder Singelo, who is pretty black, is putting on sunscreen everyday, ha, it is actually pretty funny to play around with him.  Elder Singelo and I have been able to catch up on a lot of things and it is great to be together again, we work very well together. Oh and because we have the same ancient areas we went and visited some of our friends in Túnel Verde today.  Leonel made churrasco for us, I will be sending a picture.  And while we were visiting Iara, Elder Bezerra called and I talked to him.  Ha, today was very interesting.  I spent 6 months in this neighborhood and had talked to just about everyone there so it was funny walking down the road and seeing a ton of people that I had already stopped or that I had already taught and the occasional person that recognized that I had been gone for so long and was wondering if I would be coming back.  Today was a good day.  I was very happy to see the fruit of my labors.

Zone counsel was awesome!  Elder Tolentino slept at our house, he came from Pelotas, and it was great to catch up with him.  It felt like it was so long ago, it was a week ago! President left a message that really marked me, I will let you in after.

And before I forget! Happy Birthday Dad and Daniel this next week!! You know how I am horrible with letters now days, so you will just have to forgive me for that. Congrats though!  

So, on the ward fast we are inviting all of the members to create a list with a few people/ families and then pray and fast about these names to know who they should help to be baptized on our White Christmas activity. We are following up to get referrals.

Well, we got back late from Túnel Verde because of a bus and we will have a meeting here in a little bit with a family that we met knocking doors a few days ago in splits, so I will have to cut my email short this week. We now are doing 2 exchanges per week with zone leaders and other missionaries as we see best.  

But I can always share something special that happened this week.  President Castro shared with us that talk that was given in general conference about the temple and how it is perfect.  He gave everyone a sheet of sandpaper to remember how we need to smooth out our rough parts to be temple worthy at any given moment.  I cut out a little piece of sandpaper and I carry it with me in my pocket throughout the day to remind me that I need to better myself constantly. This has been an exceedingly good experience for me.  I am making goals for these last months of my mission, goals that will push me to the limit.  Cut p-day if I have to make part of these goals.  I ask for your collaboration in these last months.  I need to stay 100% focused and with fire.  Getting tired at the end is not an option.  Like the Apostles who "left Everything" to take up their cross.  What I would give to start it all over!

I love you all and I am very grateful for the blessing of being born into a house where the Lord was put first in everything.  I get extremely sad sometimes when I look at the people on the street or in their homes and know that they have no idea what they are doing and how much better life could and should be.  So thank you Mom and Dad for putting the Lord first.

Love,
Elder Bradley Joseph Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment