Saturday, November 3, 2012

Baptism for Lucas Castro! New Companion, Elder Singelo...Again!

Baptism Party for Lucas Castro

Lucas Castro Baptism Day w/ Elders Singelo & Dawson

Elder Tolentino turning over the keys to Elder Singelo

Elder Dawson w/ new comp Singelo and old comp Tolentino

New Comps, Elders Singelo & Dawson


Oi Querida família,
So here Elder Singelo and myself are together again! Ha! Who would have thought?! Maybe we weren’t able to learn what the Lord wanted us to learn the last time we were together and are getting a second chance. But either way I am loving it, I really enjoyed our time and work together. Elder Tolentino is not training but returned to serve as a zone leader in the Pelotas North zone. Elder Kunzler and Elder Fernandes are both staying here in the office and the next transfer they will train new missionaries on how to do everything and then leave the office. We have had a very busy week with everything and we are busy updating the whole system with not only transfers but the end of the month reports on everything from October...so we have got our hands full because Tuesday is going to be zone counsel in the President’s house. We are busy getting all of that up and running.
The ward fast is going well; we will need to sign up many other members this Sunday to fill in the rest of the days. The members are excited, but we want to help them use this energy to do something, so we will see how it goes. Our Ward mission leader is great!  This week we went to the book fair here in the center of Porto Alegre to share the best book of all with everyone, the Book of Mormon of course! The next day for Dia dos Finados or day of the dead we went to a few ancient cemeteries here with our ward mission leader, Márcio, and his wife, Suzan, to share about the eternal nature of our family and the Savior. I imagine we saw something very similar on this day with what you saw in Mexico and all, there were many people in the street and lots of people selling flowers of course. That and there are a few families that some members are starting to help to know the church and it’s beliefs.

Halloween sounds like it was fantastic! I really enjoyed all of the pics. On our Halloween there were a few little kids dressed up for an activity in their schools, but other than that, Brasil is still catching on to Halloween. I was going to buy a pumpkin and make a jack o lantern, but I didn’t have time. And the pumpkins here really aren’t the same thing as the pumpkins there, but I will find some time to make one with Elder Singelo.
Little Wayne looks like the perfect little Baby, I am so excited to know him! Know that I am praying for him and his parents. It is interesting to think that my future kids, as spirits, could be watching me right now. I am trying to be get better every day to give them what they deserve. Recently I heard something interesting that Elder Godoy shared with some missionaries in Minus Gerais. The people get the leader that they deserve. Certainly this applies to everything. What did the mission do to deserve me as a leader?? ha.  But seriously, it is interesting to think about this. My kids will get the type of father that they deserve. How, then, can I be better?  But right now I am staying focused on what am I doing to help the missionaries and reflecting on my work seeing what kind of Elder and leader I am.
Oh and I voted already :) I am anxious to hear all of the details!
Elder Singelo said that he loves you all and thanked you for the shout-out dad.
This time in my life is going by so fast that I can’t hold on.  I need to keep this work at a sprint, this is not a marathon.  Every second counts, every day.  Recently I was asked by a non-member if at the end of my 2 years I would do it all over again; I didn’t even have to think. This time is so special.  I want to be able to go back and do it all over again knowing what I know now.  I would be so much more effective; there would be so much more work, so many more baptisms.  I am just praying that I will have all of the energy and faith to make the most out of this last part of the sprint.  Please pray a lot that I can be the type of leader that these missionaries deserve and the type of servant that the Lord deserves.  I am trying to make the most of this time.
I love you all and am so very grateful for all of your prayers, love and attention.  Please during this time I ask that you prayer for our mission and the work here, so we can bring many souls to the Master.
Love,
Elder Bradley Joseph Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment