Sunday, January 20, 2013

Luiz' Baptism / Bradley's 1-19-13 ltr



Luiz' Baptism
B-fast goodies at the Office

Dear family,

Luiz´s baptism was excellent!!  It was yesterday at 8:00 at night.  I will send photos later. I gave a talk at the baptism.  There were not very many members there, but we had a good turnout.  Luiz looked like a different person.  These last few weeks his whole appearance has moved.  He was inviting people that he knew to the baptism too, it was a very special night for him.  The 2nd ward will have their baptism tomorrow night.  They are pretty excited.  I will give you all the update on how everyone is progressing here :)

Kenia was at the baptism yesterday and enjoyed that a lot.  She is reading everyday and she told us that she already knows that this is the church of Christ and that she wants to follow.  She was able to make some friendships with the Bishop’s wife and another sister. Everyone is very excited.

Gecilda was not able to go to church this past week and we have not been able to get hold of her, she was planning on traveling so I hope she has not gone yet, but if so, the missionaries will have to pass by her in a few weeks.

Daniel is great!  He is very excited about everything and he recently was able to find a job, something that he was desperately needing.  But with our travels this week we were only able to see him on Monday and Tuesday. But we call him everyday to see how he is.

I am loving all of the people here and am very excited to see all of this progress and many baptisms that the 3rd ward will have...but unfortunately, I will not be here to see it :)  Caught the drift?  I am being transferred!  Ha. I have pretty much known where I will be serving since the last transfer, but I have been very quiet.  President Castro has said that I have served the maximum that someone should as AP, so I will going back out.  The new AP will be coming on Monday and I will be leaving on Tuesday.  I am so ready and excited to get to work.  I love the mission…the best thing in my life until now.

Oh, and we will be getting 9 more elders and 3 more sisters this Tuesday on the mission. The mission is growing and there will be growing pains, President and the secretaries will have a lot on their plates to open many new areas.  There are several areas that will receive a second companionship, a few that will get a third!  Oh, and in February we will open 8 new areas haha, by the end of 2013 we will have 200 missionaries here in Porto Alegre Sul.

Jesters sounds like alot of fun! I remember the time i went was with Abby, Amanda, and a whole group of friends.

Alright the new mission blog is missaopoasul.blogspot.com.br and I saw that picture of me with the Castro family...I look very thin haha  Everyone is teasing me, but it just looks like that because the Santa outfit is very big.

It sounds like the Les Miserable movie was great!! And am I really that similar with this actor? That is pretty funny. I would like to read the book one day.
It is weird...6 months of my mission is with Elder Singelo ha. Imagine, 6 months! It has been great, you´ve got to love the guy.

I am pretty sad that Elder Tolentino goes home on Tuesday.  His dad is picking him up right about now in Pelotas.

There are a lot of lawyers here Dad, but I told Kenia that I knew you would try and convince her not to be a lawyer.

Hey Dad, how was your Mission and the Mission of my brothers? I am talking in terms of growth of the church in your areas of service. I know the church flourishes here in Brazil, and I have heard that it is hard in Europe and Asia. What was the average of baptisms per month?  In no way am I trying to compare with anyone, every Mission is different.

This week President did training with the Mission in Rio Grande and Pelotas about learning through faith. He talked about Joshua 3, how the High Priests had to get there feet wet until the Jordan River stopped to allow them to pass.  Something great to study :)

Well there are a million things to think about with the transfer...I am so excited!!! We are going to have so much success and help so many people!  I love you all!

Love, 
Elder Bradley Joseph Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment