Sunday, January 13, 2013

1-12-13 ltr

Elders Fernandes Dawson & Kunzler

Dear family and friends,

Forgive me for the late email, we had an amazing lesson this afternoon that we could not pass up so we switched up a few hours of work. That and I have been trying to access my email for the last 30 minutes...but I am all set up now :) We will have another commitment here in a little bit so this email will be shorter. Thanks for understanding.

Luis is fantastic! We taught him the plan of salvation yesterday with our ward mission leader, Marcio, that was an awesome visit.  He is completely ready for his baptism that will be on Friday, with the baptism of Brother Marcio´s son.  And, if the secretaries from the second ward are successful, there will be a third baptism in the same meeting.  We were able to do all of the baptismal interview questions for Luiz and he passed with flying colors!  He is definitely ready.  Coffee was a problem, but it appears that he has successfully abandoned that habit.  Daniel is very well, we had an awesome visit with him yesterday and we will be passing by to visit him today as well. We follow up a lot with him to see how he is doing and helping him overcome his troubles.  Our teaching lately has improved a lot Elder Singelo and I are noticing that our investigators are understanding everything very clearly, which is being a great blessing in the work.  From Luiz, we have started teaching Daniel, who will be baptized in the beginning of February.  We are now teaching his parents, Jose and Maria, and Daniel´s brother, Adriano with his wife and son.  And all of this came from a 14 year old kid in our ward.  Anyone can be a missionary.  We are starting to find many new people that are very interested.  On Monday with Elder Sanchez I taught a lady named Gecilda (Je-seal-da) (that gets close anyways) and when we went back a few days later she had read everything that we had left and promised that she will be at church tomorrow.  She has 74 years and is a sweet little lady.  But she is very interested.  I will let you know how she is next week.  She has agreed to be baptized when she receives her answer.

We taught another lady today named Kenia.  I did a street contact with her a few days ago and it was so good that we had to visit on our prep day.  She is 25 and in law school.  She has been frequenting another church for 5 years.  She understood everything and had several great questions.  Her last question was "So what do you think of the other churches then?"   Many people questions this just because they are curious. She asked because she understood and felt what we taught about the great apostasy when Christ´s church was taken from the Earth.  We were able to tell her how we do this work because we love the people and we want them to know the truth too because the "truth shall set you free".  She will be going to church tomorrow too and when she prayed at the end of the lesson she already asked the Lord if the Book of Mormon is true and if this is the way.  She also accepted to be baptized when she receives an answer.
This may be weird for everyone to see and think "they are telling everyone to be baptized!"  Well, of course we are!  I have no doubt that if Jesus Christ was teaching someone for the first time, he would invite them to be baptized!  It is only the greatest miracle here on Earth!  We help others to come unto Christ inviting them to be baptized.  Jesus Christ said that whosoever believeth in him and is baptized in his name will inherit eternal glory.  The other way around, He said that those who are not will be condemned.  In Luke 12:50, Jesus says how is agonized with all of these baptisms, because there only exists one.  One baptism with authority by someone who has the power and the right, being called of God, to baptize; this power was restored by and given to Joseph Smith when Christ restored his gospel.  For those who have not yet done so, come, be baptized and participate in the salvation and happiness which we participate.

Mom, with after reading what I wrote right now, do you think I could possibly go home in April?  I have much more to do.  But the return will be that much sweeter, don´t worry :)  Oh and President Castro already switched my calling to May...I watched him do it :P  haha.

As far as the transfer, I don´t know.  I will most likely be transferred to let another AP come in my place, but I could stay as well, either way, I am fine.

We just learned of the divorce of an active family here in our area, that is the saddest thing ever. ugh. I feel sick hearing this. This is a family in the gospel, temple frequenters....how could this happen, it almost looks like it could happen to anyone. The enemy has succeeded in destroying another family.  I have never told you two this mom or dad, but this is my biggest fear.  I can´t stand to imagine that one day my family could be destroyed like this. What is a sealing if it is not sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise.  Pray and watch is what I tell myself.  I know the Lord will be on my side helping me, My wife and I is what I should say.  I pray a lot asking God to look over my siblings and their families.   Family really is the most special thing we have here with us and when it is destroyed, I believe that even the Lord weeps.

Hmmm. I think I am about the same height dad, But I could measure myself one of these days.  I´ll let you know.

Oh and Ashley´s senior pics were very beautiful! She has grown up a lot since I have left!

Love,
Elder Bradley Joseph Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment