Sunday, January 13, 2013

First letter of 2013! 1-5-13 ltr


Happy Birthday Papa Stevenson!!

And happy New Year for everyone else :)

Before you start asking, I received a package from Adam and Nicole a few days ago and the two packages from Dad and Mom yesterday :) Merry Christmas! haha, I loved everything! Oh and Elder Singelo was very very pleased, he is telling me to say thank you a million times, haha. Elder Fernandes and Elder Kunzler were very pleased as well. Oh and the best of all was that I was not charged anything and Brazilian customs did not open anything!

New year was great! We were able to visit a few people but everyone went to the beach on the eastern coast of the city of Porto Alegre was pretty empty this last week. We spent New years eve...until 9:30, with Bishop Isaías and his family. His son returned from the mission in Florianópolis a little time ago.  It was very neat to see his family and how the Gospel has helped them.  He is serving as Bishop in a Ward with 10 ex Bishops haha.  That could be a little stressful... But new years here is a big party.  Everyone dresses in all white and goes to the beach, if it is close by, or they have a party, the same as us.  But new years eve and day everyone was dressed in white.  I guess that would be the big difference.  But the two days were regular work days for us.
Mexico sounds like it was fantastic!!  You will have to enjoy Mexico without me in April ;) ha ha.  I will be practicing my Spanish until that day comes.  I was able to practice a little of the conjugation with Sister Castro yesterday too.  A funny story... I was preparing for the Zone Council that will be on Tuesday when President called me in to ask something.  While I was in his office, He, Sister Castro, and their son, Gabriel were all there cleaning his office.  It was cool because they started talking to me about life, what I would do, my plans for the future.  President joked around about them visiting me and my wife and kids in a few years, haha. Gabriel is going to do a foreign exchange program and I offered him a room.  But at one point I told President that he was saying the same things that you say, mom, everything about my future, my wife and family, ha.  But it was a good conversation, but a little different from our normal conversations.
I am excited to see Ashley´s senior pics, I will be sure to not show them to anybody around here, that is for sure.  Tell Ashley thank you for the email..oh wait.  Kidding!  But it would be nice... a little email from her during the week ;)  Oh, and she is not allowed to talk to or date any guy that has already served a mission until I get home.  Its not just any RM that I will approve of.

Alright alright, I was not that skinny as Santa Claus! I am weighing 156lbs...that is about the same when I left I believe.  But don´t worry I am trying to put on some weight so you can all stay calm over there. I am going to start waking up a little earlier I think to be able to do many exercises.  I want to put on muscle weight, not fat.
Oh, and before I forget, Elder Fernandes is now with Elder Gomes and Elder Kunzler is with Elder Demars.
Oh, and a little surprise for you all...Elder Bednar will visit our mission on the 26th!!!!!! wooo!!!! I don´t know if I will be an AP then, but I am very excited!!
Elder Sanchez, or Leo as you guys know him, is a crack up.  I love this guy, he is super funny and it is good working with him, he is very honest and humble.
Luis is going to be baptized on the 19th!!! Yes! We are very excited for him :):)  He has come a long way. He is almost stopped with coffee too.  His friend, Daniel is going to be baptized too.  We are hoping for the same day, but it will probably be in another few weeks.
We are planning many things for the Mission and several trainings that we will be traveling to give in several areas of the Mission over the next few months.  I don´t know if I will be part of this or not, but it is fun to see the future of the Mission.  President Castro has a very wide vision of this work and our Mission.  I am very grateful for him.
I loved that message that you all created about my shoes. I hope to one day show much more than my shoes to the Savior as a sacrifice of my work.  I know that this is His work.  My testimony of the Savior has grown so much during these months on the mission.  I feel like I was lost once but now I know the way.  I feel that way every time I feel a progression in my faith and salvation.  These last two days the words of Isaiah are in my mind. "orai e vigiai" I believe it is pray and watch in English.  There are many traps today and we really must orar e vigiar everyday.
I love you all and will talk to you in a week!
Elder Bradley J. Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment