Saturday, January 12, 2013

Santa Bradley - Dec 29th letter


Elder Santa Bradley

 
Elder Santa Bradley with President Castro Fambly

Skinniest Santa on Earth!
Office Elders - Fernandes, Dawson, Kunzler, & Singelo
Querida familia, Feliz ano novo!

Well, it looks like we will be talking a lot more this week than usual!  It was very nice to see everyone and I loved to see all of the nieces and nephews!  They are all so different now.

In the package that you sent, did you hide anything of value?  I hope so, because sometimes they open the packages. They have already opened a package that I got and then sealed it up with Brasilian customs tape.  There are a lot of missionaries that are being charged a lot of money to receive their packages.  Don’t send heavy packages. Maybe two smaller packages would get here easier than a big one.  But we will see what happens :) Oh, and the Castros got your envelope with candy!  I told them that they can keep it for themselves and the kids.

Oh, about the job, I will think about this, but I am confident in my decision.  But we will see what must be done about the EMT course...that is something that I must do.

Mexico sounds like it is great! I studied Spanish and the Book of Mormon in Spanish this morning...everyone says I am speaking Spanish with a Portuguese accent...haha.  But I will get there! Oh, and I ordered a Book of Mormon in Italian.  I am so excited :) I will be practicing Spanish with President when I can.

I am excited to get Ashley’s senior pics!  It will be very nice going to institute with Ashley and hang out with her!  She will be my "wingman" haha.  

Elder Sanchez will stay with us for another few days, but he will be going to another area here in a little bit.  And yes, he has already been singing his music a lot.

So this New Years Eve and day will be two normal days of work for us :)  I prefer it that way too.

Well this week was very special for me as a missionary, but not just because it is the week that we commemorate the birth of Christ, but I was able to develop and learn so much. This week was a week of much reflection.  I have been thinking about my mission a lot and I am completely happy and content doing the work of the Lord.  I plainly testify that this is the only way that we can one day be saved: through the faith in Jesus Christ and through His authorized church. Those that are looking for more in life will feel the need to here more, those who have no desire will be called and those who ignore the promptings will be subtly lead to lose everything.  This is the church of the Lord Jesus Christ, whom we serve and anyone can ask God if that is true. I am amazed every day at how easy it is to become lost in all of the traps of the enemy, we must always be on guard and always be alerting the world.  It is as simple as the words in the bible " I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ", if I don’t tell someone about this everyday of my life, then how can I tell God that I am truly following Him?  We must be plainly aware that the second coming of Christ is much closer than we all think and we must give it our all; Because we are not ashamed.
I am grateful for your example in my life family and am grateful to be serving a mission.

Love,
Elder Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment