![]() |
| Elder Lindsey making egg rolls? |
![]() |
| Elder Dawson egg roll makings |
![]() |
| some kind if sausage mixture? |
Oi!
Well this was another great week! Claudio and Caia went to church on Sunday! We usually have about 6 people in the sacrament mtg every week, sometimes more.
This week we taught the 4 principle commandments to Claudio
and Caia and they accepted all of them. We taught the lesson with Elder
Askonavieta. He is a really great guy. He really lives the gospel, and he is
very blessed for this. We are going to have another lesson with them tonight
with Elder Askonavieta again and that will be great. We are going to teach
about the gospel of Jesus Christ and fasting....with a focus on baptism of
course! We are going to help them be ready and baptized on the 16th of March.
That day we will have a big zone baptismal mtg. Elder Lindsey and I have
created a new "operação salvação" haha. It is a series of goals in
every week to accomplish our zone baptismal goal. The last week will be the big
zone baptismal mtg. We are very excited for that. Our goal for that mtg will be
a baptism for every missionary in the zone. Our personal goal will be much
higher. This last week our goals were 10 new investigators and 8 baptismal
dates.
Those pictures that Thamyres put up were from our family
night last night. Marcio, a recent convert, invited Bianca (the non member mom
of a missionary in the ward, Thamyres boyfriend) her son Victor, Thamyres and
us to participate. We got there, made cookie dough (cowboy cookies of course),
and then put the movie of Joseph Smith in. Bianca really enjoyed the movie and
was able to understand a lot more about the church. We are teaching her for a
while already...does that make sense? What is funny is that we were able to
mark another mtg a little bit farther away and we left them to watch the movie
and we ran...yes we literally ran, Book of Mormon in hand and everything, to
our next mtg. It was with a less active girl called Sándria. It is about a year
and a half that she has not gone to church. After that lesson we
ran...literally speaking again...back to our family night, put the cookies in
the oven and finished the movie and talked a little about the Prophet Joseph
Smith with Bianca. We then ate a dinner really quickly, grabbed a cookie, and
ran home. If you have not noticed, we like to run. :)
I have not received the vdays package yet, but I’m sure it
will arrive.
So next week is transfers...this is a short transfer of 5
weeks....Elder Lindsey is already here a long time so we think he might be transferred,
but we are asking for him to stay. It is better to say that we are asking
President to pray and ask the Lord if he could stay. I just love this guy so
much!
You have to tell Elder Tolentino hi for me!!! I miss that
guy a lot.
How is Amanda? She never writes! I can understand why some
of my other friends that are girls stopped writing...they are married ha, but
she has no excuse! You’ve got to tell her that I am awaiting my letter. :)
Congrats on the Kingman spot Adam!!!! That is so exciting!!
You deserve it. Keep on paving the way, haha.
Hey the Lundberg family invited a family over to here about
the gospel!!! Yeah!!
Speaking of school, I would like to take that math
class, but I will need a lot of time to do that. It would be better take
the emt course. I don’t know how much time it takes up, but I would love to get
that calculus class out of the way. I will need extra time to study because it
has been along time since I took math. But work and emt would be great. Listen,
you can load up my plate. I am here to work, ask the brothers if I would be
able to take the two classes at the same time.
Dad- those baptisms that are happening now were some street
contacts that I did. But Luiz was baptized because of a 14 year old kid that
suffers mildly from mental illness.
Well I love you all and don’t worry about me, I am great!
My testimony was immensely increased this week of the
Prophet Joseph Smith. For those who read the scriptures and search to
understand them, it is impossible to not be lead to this church.
Elder Bradley J. Dawson



No comments:
Post a Comment