Aloha!
I only say that because I am sitting right next to Elder
Maiava and he is from Hawaii,
he is in the Areal ward as well.
Our week was great! Very wet...but great! It rained a ton
this last week!! Half of our area was all flooded and we could not visit
several people. But it is all dry now and it is much much better. And it
is good to get drenched every once in a while.
So this week is transfers, tomorrow, but Elder Lindsey and I are going to stay 6 more weeks together :) President told us last Thursday or something like that so that was cool. I am so excited!!! Elder Lindsey is a great companion and we are going to do very well.
Oh and yes, I was washing the dishes!! We always wash dishes
after lunch and everything!
I have not received the package that you all sent, but I am
sure it will arrive. We received some info on packages today. If the stated
merchandise and the cost to send the package added up exceeds 50 dollars they
will most likely open it and tax it.
Oh and it looks like Daniel will be serving his mission here
in less time than we thought :)
Well I will be getting a plane on Wednesday, May 15th,
and then who knows when I will get there.
Wow!! Thanks for the statistics and everything about the
missionary work dad!! That is way exciting!! 58 new missions is a ton! I want
to be able to stay on the mission and see everything that happens here until December.
What do you think mom, I’ll try to be home for Christmas ;)
Tell Rhett congrats!!!! When does he leave for his
mission???
Last week Elder Lindsey and I were making pastels! But I was
getting into the Mexican food mode and started rolling them up, it was pastel
of beef and some ingredients, we made sweet pastel too, with caramel and
banana, way good!!
I am not sure what drink you are talking about but we have
been making juice, and I like to make an avocado smoothie...I know what you are
thinking, gross, but it is really good! ha. Just wait. That yellow stuff is cuscus,
that steamed corn stuff with sausage and onion. I found a special pan to make cuscus
so I am making a lot! It is known to give someone energy to work and is very
good. You can make cuscus with anything. We usually eat bologna sandwiches in
the morning with toast with honey on top or something. But we always eat oats
with chocolate milk and banana. If we don’t have lunch or something like that
we usually make a "carreteiro", which is a mix of rice with meat,
green pepper, onion, tomato, and whatever else you want. When we get home we
usually just snack on whatever we have got around the house, haha.
Claudio and Caia have accepted to be baptized on the 9th of
March!! We are very excited :) This will be an excellent couple. Claudio is
very, very funny and I really like him.
Kaué is another young man, 16 years old, who is going great!
When we taught him about the Priesthood and how he could be able to baptize his
family one day he got super excited! I really need to take a picture of all of
these people for you all. I will take pics this week. I was already going to
send pics but it turns out that Elder Maiava thought he was taking the picture,
but didn’t take it.
Elder Maiava wants to say something....
ALOHA Mrs. Dawson! Elder Maiava here, I just wanted to say
congrats for having raised such a good son in Bradley, or Elder Dawson! He is
my faixa!! We are working here in the same ward and we have lots of fun
together. He is working hard, and helping other
people come unto Christ and be baptized. Whenever your family finds itself in Hawaii you gotta stop by
the house and say hi!!!! TCHAU! Elder Maiava
Haha, Elder Maiava likes to joke around trying to make me
trunky. haha.
Well, I am very well and happy. I love you all and
thank you for all of the support.
This is the church
of Christ and He is in
charge of this work.
Elder Dawson
No comments:
Post a Comment