Monday, March 18, 2013

3-10-13 ltr - Claudio & Caia's Baptism

Claudio & Caia w Elders Lindsey & Dawson

Claudio & Caia w the Askonavieta's



Boa Tarde,

So Claudio and Caia´s baptisms were great!!  I will be sending pictures of Elder and Sister Askonavieta and Claudio and Caia, hope you enjoy! Claudio was a very pleased at his baptism. And then when I gave him the Holy Ghost he turned around and it was easy to tell that he was at peace and he smiled and thanked me. They were very happy on Sunday. We will now be talking to them about getting sealed in the temple in Porto Alegre. Elder Askonavieta baptized Claudio and Caia and then went to São Paulo the next morning very early to fulfill his duties as a 70. Our baptismal font was broken and full of dirty water. So we had the baptisms at the stake center.

The Ward here is really good and is also very supportive of us, mostly the young men and young women.

It was great being in Porto Alegre. I got to talk to Kenia on the phone, she called the other elders to ask about institute. She is GREAT!! She is super strong and loving church, she went to the singles ward activity in Pelotas a few weeks ago too. She said that I would have baptized her, ha but I already went away. Oh and Mateus got his mission call to Rio De Janeiro!!

Congrats on the new dog! 

It sounds like spirit week and prom were great! Ashley looked great!  Oh and those pics are awesome! Zander looks like harry potter with those glasses!! haha.
Thank you for the b-day wishes!!

Well this week was great! I am going to write the smallest email ever...sorry! We are going to the ....cartório....wedding place to marry Marcos and Vanessa here in a little bit. After about 20 days we will be able to marry them officially, today we will be starting the process. We are trying to marry them and baptize Marcos on the 30th of this month.

I read a talk called the Atonement and our journey of mortality. This talk changed my life I think. It is by Elder Bednar. We all think of the Atonement and the healing power but never of the enabling power...I have got a new Book of Mormon and I started this study of the enabling power of the Atonement today. This fist part I found was in 1 Nephi chapter 4 when the Lord strengthened Nephi to overpower Zoram.

I know that this is the church of Christ and the Holy Ghost can be our constant companion if we look for Him.

I love you all and I am sorry for the poor letter.

Elder Bradley Joseph Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment