Monday, March 18, 2013

3-17-13 ltr Happy Birthday letter!


Birthday Cake with the Elders


Famous Pelotas Sweets!

Breakfast with Isabel & "Aunt Nana"

Hello!
 
Thank you for the B-day wishes! Do I feel 21? Hmm. Not really. Age is something very relative to the way we think and feel, I don’t know how old I am. But my b-day was great!!! I was on splits with another 3 elders in Fernando Osorio the day before my b-day...I didn’t tell anyone that the next day would be my b-day.  But when we got back to Areal the morning of my b-day Elder Lindsey had made a coconut cake with Elder Maiava and H. Silva and they surprised me. That was great! That was one of the best cakes ever. I mostly didn’t tell anyone it was my b-day, I kept it on the down low.  Daniel made a really good carrot cake for me but he had to leave so we ate it with Thamyres and her grandma. But Daniel actually made it!  That was a nice surprise :)  That picture of my baptism is awesome! Wow! Look at Adam’s hair! haha. Thanks for the photos!
I have not received the b-day package yet, but thank you!

Claudio and Caia offered us lunch on Saturday and we were able to talk to them for awhile. I am so happy for them!

Marcos and Vanessa had to start the paperwork to get married last week, they will be officially married on the 6th of April, a very special day in history. Haha I guess I should be a real wedding pro here in a little bit?  Easy mom, I’ve still got some good weeks of work to do here :)

Kaué is doing well.  We are still a little unsure about his baptism this week because it will be his b-day on Friday so he might travel for the week end. But we will see.

Isabel is that lady on the right in the picture I sent. The other Lady is "aunt Nana" who is a recent convert of Elder Lindsey. Isabel is her niece. Isabel had some questions so we went over there this morning to make pancakes and drink "cevada" which is a coffee alternative that many members drink here. It is actually pretty good. So that picture is from this morning. As you can see, it is getting colder here! Which is really weird because the summer wasn’t even that hot.  There were several very hot days, but the summer wasn’t very long I should say.

I am not going to lie, it will be very weird go to the singles ward...I am not very excited about that. Would it be bad go to the home ward?  I am not going to be a hermit.  I will go to institute and everything but I would like to learn a little bit more in the home ward with all of the families that we have there.

It looks like the whole family is great! Wow, this new diet plan sounds excellent! One week and 10 pounds! But be careful because when it is easily and quickly lost it is easily and quickly put back on...

St. Patrick’s day was this week?? weird! I don’t even know who St Patrick was to be honest... but lets just say that I forgot to wear green.

Alright the mission received a letter from the first presidency saying that our email is now open to family, converts, ecclesiastical leaders and friends. We will also have an hour and a half. I have received so many emails on the mission that I have never responded...I will have to make up for all of those unanswered emails...ha. But I like the traditional letter still.

The picnic in the park looked awesome!!! What a big activity! And I am sure that you were a little relieved to not be leading it all, dad.

So this week we visited Ivone.  She is a recent convert and her niece was there visiting (her niece is a lawyer and should be 30 years old). Her niece didn’t want to talk to us or hear our message, not in a rude way, she just didn’t want too. We left a Book of Mormon for Ivone to give her...Ivone told her that she will only give it to her when she comes begging for it in anguish...ha. Ivone is a little extreme sometimes, but she values greatly the scriptures. You should have seen Ivone explaining how it went.

Oh, I almost forgot, this week we will have to move! The owner of our apartment died and his son is wanting the apartment now. We spent about two days running back and forth looking for an apartment and we actually found two apartments that would have been great! We then had to go to the center of Pelotas to pick up the keys and arrange a visit. When we got to the Brasilian Pro-formance (some advertising for dad) we found out that the owner of the better and cheaper apartment took it out of the listing that very morning, so we got the other keys to go look at the other apartment. When we got there the owner had switched the keys and didn’t tell the company that is trying to rent it. So we went back to the center...we were spending a lot of money on buses that day.  As we were entering into our apartment complex after running from one place to the other we saw an apartment being renovated.  It was perfect! The owner was there painting and we will be moving into that apartment this Friday :)  It is basically the same apartment, just a few small differences. It was all pretty ironic.

This past week we had interviews with President Castro too! It was nice to converse with him a little bit. Oh, and President and Sister Castro called me to wish me a happy b-day on Wednesday too :)  He already told me that it will be me that organizes his mission reunion here in a few years...ha, I accepted. We then did splits with the new assistants. That was pretty cool! It must be difficult for them because they are both newer to the area and the position and are a little unsure about a few things so it was good to talk to them. 

This last week we encountered several...special people. Ha. We met a man that started the church of "Pérgamo" Which is the church from the 3rd letter in Revelations...or how they call it in Portuguese Apocalipse. (I find the Portuguese name a lot cooler). There are many good people out there that don’t know or enter into the Church of Christ because of the evilness and craftiness of men.

I am very happy and well here on the mission :) Thank you for all that you do for me. I know that this is the church of Jesus Christ and this is the time for us to "renounce the world".

Com Amor, 
Elder Bradley J. Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment