![]() |
| Zone Baptism |
![]() |
| Toasting the New Apartment |
![]() |
| Welcome to the New Apt |
![]() |
| Moving in |
![]() |
| still clean! |
![]() |
| Elder Lindsey doing dishes |
Well it looks like everyone is trying to tell me hi in Portuguese but does not know how...OI haha. Everyone keeps writing hi in a bunch of crazy ways. so...
Oi Family and Friends! Happy and Well here in Pelotas!
This week Kaué was not able to be baptized but we will most likely
baptize him on the 6th with Marcos after General Conference :) That will
be a very special moment! But they are both ready.
As far as the transfer, it will be on the 9th or 10th of April and
Elder Lindsey will be transferred, President already told me in our
interview. I will probably get a new zone leader and show him the area
before...before...before I go home, phew, that is weird to say. And yes,
Elder Singelo goes home on the 10th.
We were able to move from our apartment on Saturday morning, Elder
Maiava and Elder H. Silve came to our house to help out with the
move out/in. Our new apartment is really really good. It is all white and
new...we are going to try our best to not ruin it. When we got there
they had already painted everything and left everything super clean. I
will send pictures of the new apartment to see. Brother Nasser dropped
lunch off at our house so it was perfect, we just kept on working and
ate lunch afterwards.
On that same Saturday we had set up a big zone baptismal mtg at the
stake center. I will also send a picture of that. There were 5 people
that were baptized on that day. But it all went very very well!
This past week we visited Claudio and Caia two times and they are
very well. Claudio was sporting his new tie that Elder Askonavieta gave
him at church on Sunday. We are helping them to invite Claudio´s mom to
go to church too. She lives right next door.
Alec Lloyd and April Nelson are going on their missions already???
How crazy is that! I will have to have a few study sessions with Alec
when I get home. I am very excited for him.
Haha, Well this past week I sent a short email to several people,
and I received from several people, ha. But nothing from Doug Evans. There will be many and
many problems with this new email rule, but yes, we can write to
everyone, the only counsel given is: be careful.
Easter is already arriving?? Wow! That was fast! It is a big
holiday here, for the past few weeks all of the grocery stores have had
giant chocolate eggs the size of a football hung from the ceiling. That
is a pretty big tradition here, but I will have to see if there are
more traditions than this. It is basically the same thing here. Will
there be a family gathering for Easter this year?
Elder Lindsey and I are great! He has got to be one of my
favorite/best companions. You all will have to know him after the
mission.
Wow! The church is making great strides in China and in all of the
world it looks like! It will be a great day when China opens...it is
weird to think, but we need a lot more missionaries. We are at an all time
high and we need more. When China opens...we will need much much more.
It is not any wonder that the Church of Jesus Christ is rolling forth
over all the Earth.
I know what you mean dad, it is very difficult to see how bad some
people interpret the Holy Scriptures. There are many churches here. This
week, I don´t know why, but I happened to talk with several "pastors"
and other religious leaders. Everyone is convinced that it doesn't
matter what church you are in, that all lead to God. I cannot deny that
many people learn many good things in many other churches, I admire the
faith of several of them. But the perversities and the error in theory,
thought and application leave me frustrated. A certain member told me
that the church was restored in that time and in that place because the
people read the bible there. You all would be shocked to see some of the
churches and beliefs that are here. I respect all, but there are
several things completely created from the fantasies and imagination of
man. I like to explain how when Christ walked and taught here on Earth,
He condemned the Pharisees and Sadducees, they prayed for the
same God, believed in the same prophets of old and in the commandments,
but Jesus Christ condemned them. The idea that anyone can be baptized
with any baptism and be lifted up in the last day to live with God the
Father and Jesus Christ is a fable.
The assistants are Elder F. Morgan and Elder Barros, The two are
from my group. Elder F. Morgan will go home right now and Elder Barros
will stay another transfer with me.
Everything is great here :) We are currently trying to rebuild a new teaching group.
Hmmm, I am trying to remember if there is anything else to say...
Well yesterday we taught Kayla, she is dating a returned missionary from
our ward. She lives in the other stake but she lives alone and we can
only teach her with someone. So we are teaching her at this member´s
house. She has already gone to church 3 times. She will be baptized in
the other ward, but we will teach and help her here. She is well
integrated in the two wards.
In my study I am trying to finish the Book of Mormon again before I
go home, I am in 2 Nephi 9. Elder Lindsey and I are studying the new
testament, we are reading in Mark 10. It will be a life goal to always
feast on the scriptures.
I am very grateful for the understanding and knowledge we have of
the Gospel of Jesus Christ, a living Prophet, and knowing that our family
can be together forever, even after this life.
Com amor,
Elder Bradley J. Dawson






No comments:
Post a Comment