| Easter with Aunt Nana |
| With Elder Childs |
| With Elders Ewer and Lambrechtsen |
Querida Família,
Feliz Páscoa!!! Happy Easter!!!
Easter here was great! We were very well taken care of, don´t worry :)
So first off:
Marcos is very well! He went to stay with
his family in a little city close to here for Easter so he was not at
church on Sunday but we will be planning all of the details this week
for his baptism after conference :) He has been waiting for this for a
while.
Kaué is ready to be baptized as well, there are some things to work out, so let´s see what
happens.
Kayla is the girlfriend of a returned missionary from our ward,
Thalis. She has accepted to be baptized on the 20th of April. :) She has
gone to church a few times now and is liking it all.
Taila, ten years old, is wanting to be baptized but we are seeing
if we can invite her father to come to church too! Some members will be
inviting him to a family night this week.
We are
working a lot with the members now. We taught Genis yesterday, he is the
father of a young woman in the ward. It was great! He is very sincere
and wanting to know if this is the church of Christ or no.
Kelly is another lady that we contacted on the street last week. We
have taught her 2 times and she is very interested! You will all have
to wait and see next week to know how they are progressing :) We are
finding many new investigators.
Thank you for the ties! I opened the package and let Daniel decide what tie he would like, that paisley is awesome!! Obrigado :)
The
bathroom in a typical Brazilian home has a box where you shower and a
toilet, no one has tubs here. And yes, our stove gets its gas from a big
tank that we sporadically have to refill. But our stove is pretty
broken and we are going to buy another.
I am so excited for Alec. The people in Ohio should be very very
happy to have him! I will have to study up a bit with him after.
I will be praying for all to go well with Allyssa and the new baby!! How exciting! I will not know anyone at home ha.
Elder Lindsey has a friend serving in Alpine Germany...his
girlfriend just received her mission call to the same mission, ha!
So this Easter we ate lunch with sister Bianca, she is a non member
mom of a missionary from our ward here. It was great! We had stroganoff
and they gave us a box of chocolates after as a present :) Aunt Nana
gave us some cake and a box of chocolates for each of us too, I will
send that picture :) An Easter tradition...hmm they like to make
chocolate eggs here. They melt down the chocolate and make a big hollow
egg and then put a surprise inside, but it is basically the same thing
:)
So we had zone conferences this
week and it was awesome!!! The spirit was very powerful! I was able to
see the good bye testimony of several missionaries from my group...that
arrived on the mission with me. It was a very great mtg and I was very
edified. We received a training on David and Goliath, working with the
members and planning. I was able to take pictures with several
missionaries that I have not seen in a while, including Elder Childs!!
This week was very different for us. Not in a bad way! Just different!
I
am very happy and well :) I am grateful for my opportunity to serve as a
servant of the Lord during this time and I know, without a doubt, that
this is the church of the Savior Jesus Christ. The Priesthood is real,
and through faith in the name Jesus Christ we can be freed from all
evil. A Happy Easter :)
Elder Bradley J. Dawson
No comments:
Post a Comment