Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31, 2011

Querido Família,

Whoa! They are not closing up Bagé! We got 6 new elders with the 6 that left, same areas, same wards. Sorry if it wasn´t too clear last week. So since you are in Mexico, how is that Spanish coming along Dad? Tell Diego and family hi for me. Oh and give them the update that Bentz is teaching their family. And I hope you enjoy the lanhouse...they can be pretty interesting.

Sounds like Smashmouth was pretty busy this week with all of that homecoming business, I bet she is glad it is over...but there is always something new coming up :) coitada.

So Adam told me in a letter that whenever I write something in Portuguese and say, oh they can guess what that means, you can´t really guess what it means. So coitada means, poor thing. Ha!

Wow, the ward has had a flurry of changes. President and Sister Hall...that is way cool! They will do awesome...and will be really really tired.

So my new companion!...Elder Suzarte, from the Bahia. Elder Araúju is from the same state but different city. But he is a short funny little guy, ha, I think that sums it up. He is always cracking jokes and absolutely loves that whoopee cushion I got from Brandon, ha! He is the youngest in his family and has 2 sisters that already served missions. He has 1 year and 5 months on the mission.  Elder Júlio went to Porto Alegre but I don´t know what part.  Oh and elder Suzarte is a little guy, I think a small would do. But he was asking about a (glue gel) it is a brand of hair gel...he spends more time in front of the mirror than his study table, ha.

Speaking of that whoopee cushion...With that letter (with Alyssa´s awesome flower) I got 6 letters and 2 care packages! Thanks everyone! They are awesome! I got a reply from Sam in Peru too, that was way cool. And Amanda sent me the coolest tie ever! I am using it in that picture with the tatú...armadillo. Don´t worry, it is dead. The dad of those 3 boys, Lindomar, Lindonato, and Igor, hunts armadillos...well he sends his big dogs after them. But they are all way good and say that the churrasco, bbq, of them is even better...maybe I will get a taste. Also, muito obrigado for the supplies Daniel and Liz! I always use the peanut butter I got with a green apple in the morning...it is sooo good!

So today is dia das bruxas, but I don´t think anyone celebrates it. And kid’s day already passed! It was a few weeks ago. The chili cook-off sounds like it was great!

Wow, the church really is receiving a lot of attention right now. That is awesome. I can´t remember who said it, but there is no such thing as bad publicity for the church.

Want to know just how crafty the devil is Dad? We can teach someone about apostasy and priesthood and show them all the scriptures in the world and they will still just say, yeah, that works for you, all paths lead to God. In fact this has happened a number of times. Just another push for me that means this is the time for the perfecting of the saints. We can always convert more, no one is completely converted.

I think they have all of that stuff here Dad, but thanks for the offer! I will think of something, if there is anything.

Wow, you first said you wouldn´t change the house and then I get notice that everything is being changed! Haha go for it! Sounds exciting.

So the other day, Friday I think, we taught a lesson and Márcia wanted to give the closing prayer, so she started in and the rest got difficult...She started doing some really funky stuff with her voice and it was a shock for me...I respect others beliefs but...wow haha. I was biting my hand at times trying not to make any noise, not that she would have heard it.

Yesterday was 5th Sunday! We had lunch at the bishop’s house down south next to a small airport and he sat down next to us and told us the subject of the lesson, economizing and saving. Told him that I didn´t really have much experience on the matter, just saving for the mission. But we are all joined together at church and bishop turned the time over to me...surprised? I was. So I gave the lesson! It was actually not bad, everyone really liked it. 

So this week we found 14 new investigators! Woo! I will fill you in on the progress.

Tiago went to church yesterday! Yeah! He is missing Elder Julio but is glad the (gringo) stayed.

So in the Livro de Mórmon we are doing something really cool. Marking every reference to Christ in yellow, blue-words of God or Christ, green-principles and doctrines, and red- Christ-like attributes. It is really awesome; we have a goal to finish before the end of the year.
|So Happy Birthday Dan and Liz! I know it was yesterday...Sorry!



Para Bems pra você!
nesta data querida
muitas felicidades
muitos anos da vida!

Hope all is well there! Love you all and praying for you.

Com Amor,

Elder Bradley J. Dawson




No comments:

Post a Comment