So...I am in Pelotas! Ha, i said it wouldn´t happened, but i got a 6 hour bus for porto alegre just to get a 3 hour bus back down to pelotas! Interesting huh? But i am loving it here. I am in the Aerial south area, we split the ward with another 2 elders. Our area is super small, but it is great, still plenty of work. The people here say that Pelotas is the second most humid city in the world...i would believe. I get out of the shower and it is like i can´t dry off! Everyday is a wet day, ha. But to be truthful, i am not even feeling the heat! Sweating, yes, it´s really humid here, but not feeling a lot of heat. We work a lot in this area called the dunas. Love the people here and seeing many miracles. My companion is Elder De Oliveira, he goes home here in April. Our mission is full of a lot of old elders so he will make part of a big group going home then. But i am loving working with him, He is not only a great friend, animated and funny, but a really skilled missionary, I need to make the most of my time with him. He is from São Paulo- Sorocaba. He is also our District leader.
So Pelotas is famous for the heat and the sweets, pretty cool huh! But it also has a reputation in all of brasil that is pretty interesting...like san francisco for us. They say it is because of all the Europeans that got here and were all fancy. Also that lots of people sent their kids to Europe to study and they came back fancy pantsy too. So who knows! But something interesting, the accent here is completely different compared to bagé. There it was all rough. Every city has an accent different here, how crazy. The only plague here is the mosquito's....we are at war.
One of our zone leaders here, the other companionship in our ward, is Elder Hunsacker, from phoenix! We know the same people, we went to the same parties, but we can´t remember one another if our life depended on it, funny huh. He is also a friend of Abby. So that has been pretty fun. We made tacos and guacamole for lunch the other day too. We always have lunch with him and Elder Nascimento. Oh and one time i even talked to Elder Hunsacker on the phone to give directions to a party, pretty funny.
We were leaving lunch with Elder Askonnavieta, from the seventy, the other day and got a call/reference. A member in another ward, doctor, told a patient that we would pass by and we could help them. Their names are Luis Carlos and Ellis Regina, they have the cutest little daughter with about 2 years i think. But they are just not feeling safe or well at all. Or happy. They think that their family is sending some bad spirits to them....welcome to religion here. This is normal. But we taught them on Friday, they called us on Saturday and said they would go to church and showed up on Sunday! We had to go help a member with something, but when we got back to the gospel principles class, Ellis Regina was crying. I could feel the spirit a lot. They made some good friendships too. But i realized, we didn´t do anything! We got a phone call, passed by the house, and the Lord did everything. I just needed to be in the street using a name tag. Wow, i love this work.
Also, Elder De Oliveira reactivated this girl with 15 years and now she is giving us all of her friends to teach. We are teaching and going to baptize two of them here in February. Danuza and Karina are there names.
Daniel- This is actually a member, he is 17 years old and is the man. He is preparing to serve a mission, 18 years old here, and does splits with us all the time. I love the ward and everything here. I could finish my mission here!
Something funny- Elder De Oliveira was getting the numbers from the work from Sisters Souza and Miller and the went on for 10 minutes about how the saved the life of this puppy,(Elder You won´t believe what happened! We saved a life today!) Naturally we got really excited but were a little let down when i found out it was a dog. so this week we saved the life of 4 frogs doing a project service and had to rub it in. And say Sisters! You won´t believe it but we saved four lives!
Dad- I know you will be okay, The Priesthood blessing you received is the power of God with those that are worthy. I am confident that everything will be okay. Don´t worry about calling for President Swenson, I will be remember you in my prayers and will find out next Monday.
I love you all and am so grateful for your example in my life, I am grateful for the Priesthood restored, I know it is Here, i know that it is a sign of the true church of God and Christ.
Elder Bradley J. Dawson
No comments:
Post a Comment